Review by Stafoni -- VieVie La Fontaine

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Stafoni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stafoni.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Review by Stafoni -- VieVie La Fontaine

Post by Stafoni »

[Following is a volunteer review of "VieVie La Fontaine" by Linda Heavner Gerald.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This is a story about a young man named Mark. In the beginning Mark is living in Germany and then is forced out by his loved ones to go live in Paris, France. His deaerst family and friends feared for his safety in Germany as a jew, and had hoped to keep him safe throughout the rise and reign of Adolf Hitler. in France he stays with a man named Louie La Fontaine who took him in alongside his wife Vie Vie. A bond will soon start to form between Mark and Vie Vie, and from there a love affair will bloom.

I loved that the setting for this book was set in the 940's. I usually don't like to read alot of things that are set in today's world. I like to read things are set in the past, without the use of modern technology. I also like to read books about romance. So to find a book that had both of these things was a big plus for me. I thought that the characters Mark, Louie, and Vie Vie all had great depth to them. They also had a believability aspect to them, which some authors struggle with or even fail to create.

The thing that I found annoying and a little distracting were all the historical dates and facts, even though I was expecting it since this story was inspired by and based off of history. I felt like it took you out of the story for just a moment. This is the only slightly negative thing i can come up with in regards to this novel. With all this said and done I still feel compelled to give this book a great rating of four out of four stars.

Vie Vie La Fontaine is deserivng of a four out four star rating because the characters are well developed, the plot is good, and the historical facts are accurate. I saw only a few errors in this book. In my opinion there wasn't enough errors to dock any points off of for this review. The author, Linda Heavner Gerald did a wonderful job crafting this gem up.

I think that most people under the age of sixteen won't truely appreciate this because part of it is based off of history. Since most of us seem to take more interest in history as we get older I think anyone over sixteen can enjoy this book. The older genertion who lived and breathed throughout the 1930's and 1940's may appreciate this even more so.

VieVie La Fontaine
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”