Official Review: Dangerous Legacy by C. S. Arnold

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ShiRah185
Currently Reading: Knowing He's There
Bookshelf Size: 180
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shirah185.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Loved Caravaggio by Belle Ami

Re: Official Review: Dangerous Legacy by C. S. Arnold

Post by ShiRah185 »

Re: Official Review: Dangerous Legacy by C.S. Arnold
by: ShiRah185

This novel seems to be quite the thriller. I hope the murderer is brought to justice.
todwyer01
Currently Reading: From the Fatherland with love
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-todwyer01.html

Post by todwyer01 »

From a sampling, this seems like an interesting historical fiction novel following the son of a Polish Count at the dawn of WWII who is ordered to come home only to find that his whole family has died. What will happen to his title? What can he do when the German forces are ready to invade his country? It seems like it is worth a second look. Well done.
navyapindi
Currently Reading: Insurgent
Bookshelf Size: 234

Post by navyapindi »

I am always intrigued by a good book with a touch of history. The storyline seems very interesting. Looking forward to reading it. Congrats on BOTD!
The-happy-reader-7
Currently Reading: Mirror Mirror
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-happy-reader-7.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington

Post by The-happy-reader-7 »

This plot has so many different elements which work together to create such an interesting story. Excellent review!
LilWhis513
Currently Reading: Around the World in 80 Days and Five Weeks in a Balloon
Bookshelf Size: 82

Post by LilWhis513 »

The sample of the book drug me in, and was disappointed when it was over. I didn't want to stop reading, and this review has given me a glimpse of it all & how it is a book that appeals and hooks you in to where you don't want to put it down
Scerakor
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 315
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scerakor.html
Latest Review: Gaslighting & Narcissistic Abuse Recovery: by Don Barlow

Post by Scerakor »

A book that book is a part gripping thriller and part mystery with a healthy dose of history and romance sounds like it has a little something for everyone!
Agnes Masobeng
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 424
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agnes-masobeng.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Agnes Masobeng »

Such an amazing historical fiction with a healthy dose of romance. Now I can't help but wonder what might have happened to Stefan's family and workers. Truly something weird and unexpected must have happened.
Death And Destruction Are Never Satisfied And Neither Are Human Eyes...Proverbs 27: 20
Miss_BeckyG
Currently Reading: Behind Broken Glass Walls
Bookshelf Size: 1129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miss-beckyg.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd edition by Jack Winnick

Post by Miss_BeckyG »

Stefan's story sounds intriguing. That he, the second son has to carry on the family legacy after his entire family is wiped out sounds like a life sentence. I am curious to find out what his father instructed him. I am definitely adding this thriller to my tbr list. Thank you for a great review.
“ Ego says, "Once everything falls into place, I'll feel peace." Spirit says "Find your peace, and then everything will fall into place." ”
Marianne Williamson
tarafarah7
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1437
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

Described as "easy to read, difficult to forget," today's BOTD sounds perfect for those who enjoy historical fiction, combined with elements of mystery, romance, and suspense. It's not one for me, but I'm happy to hear you enjoyed it. Thank you so much for the review; it was very well-written! :-)
Sicily Joy
Currently Reading: Becoming
Bookshelf Size: 906
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sicily-joy.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by Sicily Joy »

Thanks for your detailed review. I wasn't able to get into the book based on the first couple of pages. However, reading your review makes me want to give it another shot. After all, I like mixed genres and I am curious why the family and workers were killed. It sounds like a good historical thriller.
Celsabreviewing
Currently Reading: Man Mission
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Celsabreviewing »

I was caught from the first paragraph, sitting at the table, toasting for the countess and continued hooked 25 years after that toast: I only can image how his journey continue, going through the WWII and his own paths with that burden on his back (his inheritance as a christian aristocrat and his new path? as a protestant guided by Frederic, his loyal servant).
MHite11
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mhite11.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by MHite11 »

This book sounds so good. It sounds like the book contains a little of everything. I am excited to read because this review.
DorcasToo
Currently Reading: Call Me Pomeroy
Bookshelf Size: 207
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dorcastoo.html
Latest Review: Tidal Pools by Robert Marier

Post by DorcasToo »

Wow an amazing plot for a historical fiction. The big that the book is well written, easy to read and hard to forget has me sold. Congratulations on BOTD. Thanks for your review it just has me in.
Wyland
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 444
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wyland.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Post by Wyland »

I like the thrill and mystery in discovering what has happened to Stefan's wealthy family when Stefan's find them all dead. Matters can only become complicated with a looming German invasion of his country, Poland. Nice review.
Emily_Baldwin_050308
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Emily_Baldwin_050308 »

After reading the sample and this review I feel obligated to purchase this novel. The review perfectly summarizes the amount of detail and thought the author put into it. Not to mention, it manages to give enough of the story line to keep me interested, yet doesn't spoil it. Overall, the review gives a fantastic perspective on this novel and I will most definitely have to read it for myself.

Return to “Historical Fiction”