Review by MangoPassionfruit -- Yesterday by Samyann

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MangoPassionfruit
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mangopassionfruit.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Review by MangoPassionfruit -- Yesterday by Samyann

Post by MangoPassionfruit »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Yesterday" by Samyann.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

YESTERDAY A Novel of Reincarnation by Samyann is a story about reincarnation of two lovers in a past life who meet each other in the present day. The novel starts with a horrifying accident where the main character Amanda saves Mark, her lover from a past life. The theme of death pervades the novel because this is what prevents Amanda from committing to a relationship with Mark. However Mark feels a deep connection with Mary while Mary feels a deep connection with a clock from past centuries and this clock becomes an important part of the story. Amanda does past life regressions with a psychologist to understand what is holding her back in her relationships and it is a sad story of loss and it builds up to the clock and Mark entering her life. The background of the regressions is civil war in the South and the Chicago fire. The main characters do have an intimate relationship and although the purpose of the regressions were to help break down her mental barriers to Mark, they make Amanda push him out of her life. What makes Mark win her in the end is a piece of jewelery passed down through centuries in his family, that Amanda saw in her regressions, that shows the regressions were not just her imagination.

I liked the part of the clock becoming an important part of the story because objects becoming an important part of stories is not something I normally read about. Also I learnt about past life regressions which I never knew about before so I liked this part of the story. I thought it was irritating how Amanda kept pushing away Mark because someone like him is not someone people normally meet in their lives, someone who goes after what he wants, someone who perseveres after what he wants but ultimately it ties in with the ultimate storyline; in order to prove that the regressions were not fictional, that they indeed knew each other in the past, they both have two halves of a piece of jewelery and that cannot be coincidence.
I give this book four stars. Although the main character was irritating at points, books are a representation of characteristics of people of real life so the book was close to life. This book would appeal to an adult audience because of its psychological nature.I would give it a 4 out of 4 star rating.

Yesterday
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like MangoPassionfruit's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”