Official Review: The Honorable Knight

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
xtian1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Official Review: The Honorable Knight

Post by xtian1 »

I love the story line, the feelings it brings with it. You can improve on the typo errors though. The transition from ancient to modern is cool
Samanthajayne12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samanthajayne12.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Samanthajayne12 »

I'm not usually a fan of historical stories but this one sounds quite different. Historical fantasy may be more interesting and I am intrigued to find out about how they defend the people against the terrorist attack. It sounds like there's lots of action!
Syeda Marzia

Post by Syeda Marzia »

The book has an interesting topic for the young adults, which will at a time take them through heroism and interesting team work. But the love and attractions between them is a little hint of some tragedy :D
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

Thanks for review and it seems that reading this book could be enjoyable with theme of love quadrangle which itself is more intruding, the score also indicates same though it may not be comfortable for very young and rated accordingly
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
smc19
Currently Reading: Monsters in the Hallway
Bookshelf Size: 72

Post by smc19 »

Immortalization in exchange for a life of service to all humanity...what a concept. The reviewer makes the tale sound interesting as the legend of the Knight (think Knights Templar) spans time while the characters adapt to their time and environment. Should be a challenging story if done well. Excellent review.
Chanti Stargirl
Currently Reading: The Improbable Wonders of Moojie Littleman
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chanti-stargirl.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by Chanti Stargirl »

The storyline in this book sounds fascinating. Immortality is my favorite superpower and reading about characters progressing from an ancient era to the modern day is always interesting. Thank you for the review.
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

Thanks for the review. I like the way the story deals with both the past and the present lives of the major characters and would love to see how the parallel stories unfold. The use of different dialects seems to be a clever way to increase the authenticity of the story. I would like to read this one.
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

Looks like a great adventure story. The premise of immortality in this context is unique and interesting. I also think their aim to rid of the earth of evil is noble.
Gracie777
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gracie777.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Gracie777 »

The desire to become a knight lays a pretty awesome track for this narrative. What an intriguing turn of events involving Ian, Jacques, Desiree, and Serena. Thanks for your review, it lays out the potential of this book wonderfully, but this is not for me due to the violence.
John Adeleke

Post by John Adeleke »

love the transition from the crusader era to modern times.. nice continuity
Mercymax
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Mercymax »

Wow sounds like a movie, very interesting.
anwidmer
Favorite Book: The knowing
Currently Reading: The Awakening
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anwidmer.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by anwidmer »

I find historical ficition not my thing usually, but thinking about giving this one a try for the welll written review, however the jumping back and forth to modern day i think would throw me so im still not sure.
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Author: Sydney Sheldon
Favorite Book: Spanky
Currently Reading: Culture Man
Bookshelf Size: 689
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-wright.html
Latest Review: Gods Whisper Always Near by Sharon Williams
Reading Device: Android

Post by Rosemary Wright »

The change in storyline from ancient Jerusalem to modern day intrigues me. Seems like an appealing novel. Thanks for the review.
Adebobolamii
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Adebobolamii »

The story-line of The Honorable Knight is very interesting and flows smoothly. The novel is very descriptive and I feel that the author went to great depths to investigate both historical events and modern day technology to make this book even more convincing. The jump from ancient Jerusalem to modern day times was a bit drastic, but the reader does not feel lost as the dates are clearly marked and I felt that I was able to carry on with the new story-line easily.
Shane Town

Post by Shane Town »

The Honorable knight.drew me in at first paragraph 😀 Ian story interesting well done 👍🏽 although typos n repeated words I’d give it four stars 🌟 just cause I luved it 😘 first time I have heard of it. Is descriptive flow smooth but has little bumps historical events n modern technology is woven in well. 👌

Return to “Historical Fiction”