Review of Prince slave soldier king

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Menace Crypto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonny2208.html
Latest Review: Pandemic (The U.S. Pandemic in India) by Dieter Gartelmann

Review of Prince slave soldier king

Post by Menace Crypto »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Prince slave soldier king" by Victoria Eyre.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Slavery is an important aspect of history, especially for Africans. I've always thought that our African ancestors paved the way for slavery in Africa. They knowingly accepted gifts from foreigners and sold their people into slavery for wealth. Prince slave soldier king by Victoria Eyre gives the reader an insight into the history of slavery using the story of Tom Peters.

Tom Peters, a royal at birth, fell into slavery at a young age. His mother died, and his father was killed. At a slave fort, he was taken by Pedro, who was in charge of managing the fort. Tom was taken as a companion to Pedro's son, Carlos. He and Carlos grew up together as brothers and loved each other very much. They were oblivious to what was going on in the fort, until later on, they found out as they grew older. They hated the idea of slavery and wanted to put an end to it. Things got bad when Carlos and Tom were abducted into slavery. On reaching Charleston in South Carolina, Tom and Carlos were separated. Tom and three others were then taken to a cotton plantation. Grab a copy of this book to find out what happens to Tom and Carlos and how they navigate through a life of slavery.

I love historical fiction novels, but this story was breathtaking. I've read books that detail the history of slavery in Africa. But, with this book, I could imagine what it felt like to be a slave during that era. The book was well-researched and has cultural significance. It gives the cultural background and heritage of the African, British, Portuguese, and American people. The book also contained several illustrations. I loved the illustrations as they made the book more captivating and made the storyline very compelling. Tom's life history is detailed. The reader is taken on a journey from childhood to adulthood. Every description made was well-constructed. The storyline was also concise and contained every important aspect of Tom's life.

There was absolutely nothing I disliked about this book. It had a real-life setting. The scenes were also well-developed. The book had major and minor characters that were well-developed. The character's roles were clearly expressed. The book also had the elements of surprise and suspense. I admired the relationship between Carlos and Tom. Although they were not blood-related, they loved each other very much. The character I loved the most was Tom. He was intelligent, brave, and had the qualities of a good leader.

The book was professionally edited. I only came across one error while reading it. The author's writing style is engaging. The themes contained in the book include friendship, war, slavery, liberation, etc. I'm therefore rating Prince slave soldier king by Victoria Eyre 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend this book to lovers of historical fiction novels.

Prince slave soldier king
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Alexander C Schmoock
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-c-schmoock.html
Latest Review: Survived, evolved against all the odds by Ruth Mantile

Post by Alexander C Schmoock »

The history of slavery in Africa is something I'd want to read about. Great review. Well done.
Jonathan Naicker
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jonathan Naicker »

Africa is where a human's journey began and where it will end , all the slavery our four father's had to go through just so we could be here today
Paluk Pathania
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paluk-pathania.html
Latest Review: Bitcoin Answered by Jon Law

Post by Paluk Pathania »

Although I have come across a number of books that recount the history of slavery in Africa at that time, this does not deter me from learning more. I'd want to learn more about this book. Great job with the review!^^
Nabin Kumar A
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Nabin Kumar A »

Very nice review that improve the knowledge about Africa and the impact of slavery.

Return to “Historical Fiction”