Dog-Sign Language

Discuss the December 2014 book of the month, The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein.
Cee-Jay Aurinko
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Favorite Book: The Dark Tower 1 - The Gunslinger
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cee-jay-aurinko.html
Latest Review: "Higgins Hotel" by Carla Coffman
fav_author_id: 2376

Dog-Sign Language

Post by Cee-Jay Aurinko »

In Chapter 27, Enzo is in Zoe's room. He "leaves his haunches tall" and his "tail waging", "the universal sign language for fun." What other signs do you remember Enzo doing in the book and why?
"Might as well drink the ocean with a spoon as argue with a lover." -- The Dark Tower 2, Stephen King
Latest Review: "Higgins Hotel" by Carla Coffman
Alwhitbeck
Favorite Author: Jeaniene Frost
Currently Reading: Maids of Misfortune
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alwhitbeck.html
Latest Review: "The No-Nonsense Guide To Diverticulosis and Diverticulitis" by Adam Webber
Publishing Contest Votes: 2
fav_author_id: 3311

Post by Alwhitbeck »

It's been a few months since I read the book, but I seem to remember there being a lot of body language when Enzo was punished so harshly by Denny. I remember the specific scene better than others and the way Enzo acted because I've seen my clients and parents do something similar when they are having a hard time in life and accidentally taking it out on a pet.
Latest Review: "The No-Nonsense Guide To Diverticulosis and Diverticulitis" by Adam Webber
Taylor Razzani
Favorite Author: Carlos Ruiz Zafón
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 59294">The Shadow of the Wind (The Cemetery of Forgotten Books)</a>
Currently Reading: The Bachman Books
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taylor-razzani.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington
fav_author_id: 2684

Post by Taylor Razzani »

His body language towards Trish, Maxwell and Annika was my favorite. He showed that dogs can pick up on bad vibes and show what they think about you if you're not a nice person!

Return to “"The Art of Racing in the Rain" by Garth Stein”