- Posts: 313
- Joined: 08 Jan 2016, 19:56
- 2017 Reading Goal: 55
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 7
- Favorite Author: Carlos Ruiz Zafón
- Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 59294">The Shadow of the Wind (The Cemetery of Forgotten Books)</a>
- Currently Reading: The End in All Beginnings
- Bookshelf Size: 51
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taylor-razzani.html
- Latest Review: "My Life Before" by Terrell L. Frazier
- fav_author_id: 2684
While I don't necessarily believe in either, I liked how the book ended with Enzo's "reincarnation". It's great to think that your soul will find its way back to your loved ones in the end. Especially after the chapter before that made me incredibly sad.
- Posts: 42
- Joined: 17 Jan 2017, 04:05
- 2017 Reading Goal: 12
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 75
- Currently Reading: Thirteen Reasons Why
- Bookshelf Size: 37
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-toria-mason.html
- Latest Review: "The Last Valentine" by Felix Alexander
I do think I believe in karma. I believe what energies you put out are what energies you will receive. There's at least two sorts of karma, where you will have karma completed in one lifetime, or that karma will be carried out in your next life...which is where reincarnation plays a role in karma. I believe that any karma will be completed in your current life, and I don't really believe in reincarnation...or to be more exact: I don't want to. I don't want to be anyone but who I am right now. I've been told before that I have an old soul, as if I've lived and grown through many lives, which is a sort of interesting thought. But when it boils down to it, I just want to be me. I just want this life. Sure there are times I wish I could start over....but with THIS life. I definitely don't want to have do-over's with a whole other life altogether. I can't say if it exists. I can't say what happens in the afterlife as I'm still living. But I'd like to think my soul goes on, in its current form only.
Christina O Phillips
- Posts: 350
- Joined: 06 Feb 2017, 10:20
- 2017 Reading Goal: 52
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 125
- Currently Reading: I'll Be Gone in the Dark
- Bookshelf Size: 1310
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christina-o-phillips.html
- Latest Review: The Secrets to How Not To Throw Mama From The Train by Dr Janice Hooker Fortman
- Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
- Location: Lost in a good book
I believe in both reincarnation and karma. I found the way they were dealt with in this book to be interesting. It's comforting to think that good things happen to good people and that someone could find their way back to their loved ones.
- Posts: 720
- Joined: 25 Jun 2017, 05:07
- 2017 Reading Goal: 60
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 85
- Bookshelf Size: 66
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naval-aulakh.html
- Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien
I do believe in Karma. What goes around comes around. But I don't believe in its link with something supernatural. Both of these things are quite different for me.
Live Life to the Fullest and Enjoy Reading!!
- Posts: 56
- Joined: 01 Sep 2017, 11:50
- 2017 Reading Goal: 25
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 64
- Bookshelf Size: 18
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karen0823.html
- Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller
- Location: Biloxi, MS
On the subject of reincarnation, my favorite part of the book reads: 'In Mongolia, when a dog dies, he is buried high in the hills so people cannot walk on his grave. The dog’s master whispers into the dog’s ear his wishes that the dog will return as a man in his next life. Then his tail is cut off and put beneath his head, and a piece of meat or fat is placed in his mouth to sustain his soul on its journey; before he is reincarnated, the dog’s soul is freed to travel the land, to run across the high desert plains for as long as it would like.' I love this verse and think of it often, as my dog is approaching 13 years old and I hope this for her, as she is the most human animal I know.
- Posts: 188
- Joined: 11 Sep 2017, 16:00
- 2017 Reading Goal: 0
- Currently Reading: Island of the Gods
- Bookshelf Size: 34
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eelavahs-jay.html
- Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing
I don't believe in reincarnation but there are times when I feel I've done something or met someone in a time I can't really place. Karma isn't necessarily an actual force. I think people invented it to cope.
- Posts: 97
- Joined: 01 Mar 2018, 01:32
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 15
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atonykamau.html
- Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing
I am not a believer or reincarnation but I do believe in karma, that is that what you do unto others will be done unto you.