Official Review: The Invisible Realm by Evelyn Dunbar Webb

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chrystal Oaks
Favorite Book: The Favor
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 1194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrystal-oaks.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Re: Official Review: The Invisible Realm by Evelyn Dunbar Webb

Post by Chrystal Oaks »

The book also has valuable lessons about friendship and conflict resolution with family members. The girls have to work together to solve the mysteries and riddles. Listening skills and patience are essential to establish good relationships with others. Imagination and wit are necessary tools when overcoming obstacles.
You've convinced me to read this book. Thanks for the great review!
We do not simply live in this universe. The universe lives within us.

- Neil deGrasse Tyson
Nandy
Currently Reading: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
Bookshelf Size: 170

Post by Nandy »

Fantasy and adventure and so much more.This book seems to be quite intriguing and your review has amplified this
langenbrat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-langenbrat.html
Latest Review: Executive Hoodlum by John Costello

Post by langenbrat »

I skimmed over the first few chapters of this book and I really feel like the relationship between the stepsisters is realistic and something that a lot of kids would identify with. I know when I was a preteen I definitely would have stayed up reading this series.
sush_destiny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sush-destiny.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by sush_destiny »

The Invisible Realm by Evelyn Dunbar Webb is a children's adventure fantasy book about two stepsisters adventures in a fantasy land which reminded me of Narnia. Congratulations on BOTD!!
Laura_Sumstad
Currently Reading: Quiet
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Laura_Sumstad »

As a child I loved reading Narnia and so many other fantasy books, I'm glad there are books like that for kids today. Thanks for the review!
KRay93
Currently Reading: The Bourne Identity
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kray93.html
Latest Review: Non-Disclosure by George Dapra

Post by KRay93 »

Thank you for the review. While I will pass on this book as it is obviously intended for young audiences, the themes of friendship and family ties seem well carried out, and without a doubt, the plot is reminiscent of Alice in Wonderland or The Chronicles of Narnia.
Mbrooks2518
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 385
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbrooks2518.html
Latest Review: The Portal by Russell Cederberg

Post by Mbrooks2518 »

Two kids working together to save a magical realm. This is exactly the type of book that I would have loved and read over and over again when I was a kid, and one that I would still enjoy now as an adult.
Great review!
Dydan
Favorite Book: The Fellowship of the Ring
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dydan.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Dydan »

Based on your review, this book definitely my genre. I like the fact that the book includes such a good moral values. Also the bonding between the two girl is a great lesson for us even though they're step sisters. I would recommend this book for my nephew & my niece. By the way thank you for a great review. 😊
Yunita_Yoe
Favorite Book: Lilac Girls
Currently Reading: The Invisible Realm
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yunita-yoe.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Yunita_Yoe »

Reading the review, I think The Invisible Realm written by Evelyn Dunbar Webb is a very good book for children (even myself wants to read it right away). I love the mysteries and riddles in the book. And the chemistry between the sisters seems to be awesome to follow. I would absolutely recommend this book for my nephew :D
revna01
Currently Reading: Storm Front
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revna01.html
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Post by revna01 »

Professional editing is music to my ears. I love that we get to take part in the growth of Hattie and Dacey's bond. Vibrant characters and magical adventures make this sound like a wonderful choice for children and parents alike. Great review.
bauer_ve
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bauer-ve.html
Latest Review: The Touch by Robert Flynn III

Post by bauer_ve »

I love this!! It is such a good story and has great lessons for kids. It is very well written and entertaining even for adults. Thanks for the great review!
CHBooks
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by CHBooks »

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review - it definitely has me intrigued to start reading.... although I’m hopeful that even though the story seems to be focused on sisters that it is something my young nephews will still enjoy based on the narrative! Looking forward to sharing with my favorite little young minds! The age group is perfect - and if it’s anything like you described hopefully they’ll love reading time that much more!
Jihyelovesbooks
Currently Reading: Bishop's War
Bookshelf Size: 413
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jihyelovesbooks.html
Latest Review: Something About Ann by J. Everett Prewitt

Post by Jihyelovesbooks »

I was immediately sold when you mentioned Narnia, Alice in Wonderland, and Wizard of Oz. It does not matter how old I get; there is something about fantasy stories for children that I absolutely adore. Your review has successfully convinced me to give this book a try!
CHBooks
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by CHBooks »

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review - it definitely has me intrigued to start reading.... although I’m hopeful that even though the story seems to be focused on sisters that it is something my young nephews will still enjoy based on the narrative! Looking forward to sharing with my favorite little young minds! The age group is perfect - and if it’s anything like you described hopefully they’ll love reading time that much more!
questionmark
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by questionmark »

Thi book has a great lesson on matters beyond human capabilities. The eleven year old Hatie is a kid who can aspire fellow kids as well as aldurts to read more and more. The author Evelyn Dunbar is a heroen

Return to “Children's Books”