Review by Mouricia25 -- Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mouricia Allen
Currently Reading: Covet (Fallen Angels Series #1)
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mouricia25.html
Latest Review: The Life Inside Maggie Pincus by David I. Billingham
Reading Device: B01N3UC27N

Review by Mouricia25 -- Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley

Post by Mouricia Allen »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Four Funny Potatoes!" by Len Foley.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley is a children's picture book geared towards children ages 3 to 7. It is a funny rhyme book about vegetables and fruits, defying all the laws of logic and physics. Every night the fruits and vegetables come alive, and a group of potatoes and a banana puts on a show for them. The gag is, everyone thinks the banana is a potato, even though he keeps telling them he isn't.

I found it very delightful that they used pictures of real fruits and vegetables and just drew funny body parts and clothes on them. I was not expecting this at all, and it was a pleasant surprise. This could very well be the book that convinces your children to eat their veggies; or maybe not since they may find them too cute.

I loved how colorful it was. Each line was a different color, and the font was exciting and fun. It is definitely something that causes the book to pop. The rhymes are very clever, and I believe this is a great way to build vocabulary.

I liked that it didn't stick to any particular rules, and I quite enjoyed the silliness in this book. Imagine a Jellybean tossing a watermelon in the air; it was quite hilarious to me. The kid in me was fascinated by all the antics in this book. This is a very happy book, and you may not want to read it at bedtime.

There was nothing I could find wrong with this book. There was nothing I hated or didn't like. There is nothing that anyone could dislike.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because it was well done. It is written well, and it is perfect for the intended audience. It is funny, and overall entertaining even for the parent who may end up having to read this book for younger children multiple times. The difficulty level is also perfect for children who have already started learning how to read.

Four Funny Potatoes!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Mouricia25's review? Post a comment saying so!
aribear
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by aribear »

My niece would love this book, and I think I would love reading this to her. Thank you for your review. sounds like a good book.
Kristin Ransome
Currently Reading: Way of Kings
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-firefawkes.html
Latest Review: The Augur's View by Victoria Lehrer

Post by Kristin Ransome »

I know a couple vegetable-hating kids who might enjoy this book! Awesome review :)

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”