Review by Ferdinand_otieno -- Four Funny Potatoes!

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ferdinand_otieno
2019 Reading Goal: 300
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 96
2018 Reading Goal: 250
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 140
2017 Reading Goal: 200
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 94
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading: Amethyst of Destiny
Bookshelf Size: 980
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Peoushi: An American Legend by Michael F. McWilliams
fav_author_id: 78026

Review by Ferdinand_otieno -- Four Funny Potatoes!

Post by Ferdinand_otieno »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Four Funny Potatoes!" by Len Foley.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Four Funny Potatoes by Len Foley is an illustrated children's book. The cover and internal design were done by Len Foley. The book was published by New Horizon Health Incorporated. The illustrations in this book were created with iPad Pro.

This book is about four potatoes. During the day, they sleep in their bowl. At night, they jump out of the bowl and put on a show. There is Arnie who knows how to dance, and there is Jimmy who wears funny pants. Marvin can juggle tomatoes. Then there is Benny. He really is not a potato. The show starts when the four potatoes hold hands and sing their special song. Will they get to finish their song? What is Benny if he is not a potato? These questions will be answered in this amazing book. Read this book to learn more about the amazing world they live in.

The main theme I encountered in this book was joy. The four protagonists love singing. They have a lot of supporting friends who sing along with them. I also encountered humour. The entire book is funny and enjoyable to read. I have never laughed as much as I did while reading a children's book. I also encountered themes like friendship, pride, togetherness, and death. The author uses these themes masterfully to create an amazing children's book.

The character development in this book was written masterfully. The author introduces the "four potatoes." Then, he highlights their various talents. I loved Benny and how he kept insisting that he was not a potato. The characters made the book captivating. The author uses rhymes in order to make the story flow. It also makes the characters hilarious.

I rated the book 4 out of 4 stars. This is because the book was short and enjoyable to read. I did not encounter a single spelling or grammatical error. This led me to believe that the book was professionally edited. The use of rhymes in the story made me enjoy every sentence in this book.

I would recommend this book to children. The book is short and illustrated perfectly. I believe that children will laugh uncontrollably after reading this book. I look forward to reading more of the author's books.

Four Funny Potatoes!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Ferdinand_otieno's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”