Review by Sunnyroyish -- Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sunnyroyish
2019 Reading Goal: 12
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 33
2018 Reading Goal: 25
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 48
Currently Reading: Journey of a Bedroom Poet
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunnyroyish.html
Latest Review: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In by Harold Toliver

Review by Sunnyroyish -- Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley

Post by Sunnyroyish »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Four Funny Potatoes!" by Len Foley.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

One potato, two potato, three potato…. Four!
We’re the funny potatoes who could ask for more?
Four Funny Potatoes by Len Foley is a story of four funny potatoes. Actually, one of them is a banana. But for some weird reason, everyone considers him as a potato. He tries to convince everybody that he is neither pudgy nor round. He has his own shape, own colour, own thought and own mind. How can these fools call him a fat potato? But who listens to his gibberish. The zucchini declares him as a yellow zucchini.

When all this fuss is going on, a fat guy comes into the drama. As expected, he loves to eat, especially ripe bananas. While everybody is running to his horror, Benny goes straight into his mouth (Benny is the name of the banana). But Benny isn’t destined to rest in peace as his friends wrote on his grave, “R.I.P Benny, Beloved Potato”.

I don’t know if I have a childish mind, but I loved this book. From the graphics to the funny rhymes, everything was perfect. This is a very good bedtime story. What stood out to me in the book was the vivid graphics. They are bright, shiny and conspicuous. All the characters are drawn in a funny way that draws the attention of a child. Also, the story is quite funny.

Technically, the book is exceptionally well-edited. I couldn’t find a single typo. Actually, it’s hard to find typos in a short book like this. It’s only 28 pages long and the pages contain only 4-5 lines of the rhyme. If we sum that up, it won’t even fill up a single page of a regular book.

I didn’t dislike anything about this book. So I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars . This book entertained me and made me laugh. Hence, the rating is appropriate. I recommend this book to kids as well as adults who have kids in their home. I recommend buying a hardcover version of the book since a PDF or Kindle version won’t be as attractive to a kid as the hardcover version.

Four Funny Potatoes!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Sunnyroyish's review? Post a comment saying so!
Life is just a parenthesis in the vastness of infinity.

Espie
Previous Member of the Month
2019 Reading Goal: 12
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 125
2018 Reading Goal: 12
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 116
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Whisper In MY Ear
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

It's great to know that this book is funny and insightful enough to benefit kids. Thank you for your candid review.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs

Zimall
2019 Reading Goal: 60
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 8
Favorite Author: Atilla K. Zengin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zimall.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis
fav_author_id: 156933

Post by Zimall »

I read that book and enjoyed it a lot. I liked the vivid colours and illustrations. The theme of uniqueness was delivered in a very good way.
Thanks a lot for the review Sunnyroyish☺
"All That is Gold Does Not Glitter
Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost"

Lunastella
2019 Reading Goal: 100
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 20
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 12
Currently Reading: Cuckoo Unleashed
Bookshelf Size: 1833
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lunastella.html
Latest Review: We Don't Just Eat Lettuce! by Allyn Raifstanger

Post by Lunastella »

I'm glad you enjoyed the book so much and your enthusiasm is truly contagious. Having a "childish mind", as you name it, can be a quality: it's amazing to still be able to laugh at the simpler things in life. I agree that kids would enjoy a hardcover much more, as sensory experiences are very important at a young age.
Thanks for such a happy review!

Beatus
Currently Reading: Homicide
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beatus.html
Latest Review: Paris, Adrift by Vanda Writer

Post by Beatus »

Wow! This book is just lovely. Every review I read about it is as funny as is good. I bet you were smiling while writing this review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”