Review by Sanashiii -- Will of The Hill by Marshall Cobb

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sanashiii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanashiii.html
Latest Review: Will of The Hill by Marshall Cobb

Review by Sanashiii -- Will of The Hill by Marshall Cobb

Post by Sanashiii »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Will of The Hill" by Marshall Cobb.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Will wanted nothing more than quiet time to read his comic books. Will did not liked school, his classmate Gertrude (a.k.a Intrude). He did like his best friend Dillon and his comic-book collection, which they hid together at the school. Unfortunately, when Gertrude found out their collection, she decided to blackmail the boys, threatening to tell their teachers – unless, Will can convince his best friend to attend to Gertrude’s birthday party.

The story was set in a small town at the foot of a giant mountain, this made the imagination of the young readers colorful and interesting. The town’s forte was making lunchboxes. The school was at the top of the mountain and can only be accessed by a bus. Will went to school every day even all he wanted was just to read his comic books. My dear child, if you are reading this please do not skip school even if you don’t like it. Be like Will!

The book has a huge amount of knowledge and humor to spare to every reader. It was just an imagination, and yet it felt like real life. Did you ever have someone you hated in school, but you really did like? Everyone has one, right? So, what did you do that time? Check this book out. It may be about you. Reminisce your good old days with this story. I assure you it will be worth it.

What I like about this book is that it is well-edited. I did not spot any typo/grammatical errors while reading. This book might be written for kids, but this is a good read for everyone who’s been once a kid. The author’s words will surely capture your attention right off the bat, and he will keep you involved for what is happening in the book. I really loved how the author wrote the story and the conversations of the characters. You’ll finish reading this with a smile in your face.

What I did not like about this book was nothing. Everything was good for me. I enjoyed reading while imagining things that was said. I was able to visualize and hear the character voices, screams, sobs and their laughter. I was delighted to the extent that I cannot spot a room for dislike. Therefore, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. Mr. Marshall Cobb really did a great job making his first book – Will of the Hill.

I recommend this book for imaginative people out there who wants to recall their joyous memories. This will be a fun read for them. I am 22 right now, and I got the feeling of excitement and pleasure while taking my time reading this. My 8 year-old self is screaming with joy. If there are kids reading this review, please check this book, this is for you. I don’t recommend this for people who does not have a really good experience when he/she was little. We all know all of us has our own life and not all are good.

Will of The Hill
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Sanashiii's review? Post a comment saying so!
Kola+wole
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kola-wole.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Kola+wole »

Sounds like an enjoyable book to reminisce about childhood and school. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”