Official Review: The Invisible Realm

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chigozie Anuli Mbadugha
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Barnyard Buddies STOP for Peace
Currently Reading: When Leaves Fall
Bookshelf Size: 1583
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigozie-anuli-mbadugha.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Re: Official Review: The Invisible Realm

Post by Chigozie Anuli Mbadugha »

Thanks for a very detailed review. I like the way you compared it to other books you have read. I like to read fun and whimsical books, so I will be checking this one out!
kfwilson6
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kfwilson6 »

CambaReviewer wrote: 20 Nov 2018, 09:40 Thanks for a very detailed review. I like the way you compared it to other books you have read. I like to read fun and whimsical books, so I will be checking this one out!
I kind of amuse myself with my interest in young teen books. When an author can target someone so much younger than me yet still attract my interest, that author is doing a really good job. I love the whimsical too!
sri varshini303041
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sri-varshini303041.html
Latest Review: Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by sri varshini303041 »

I like your reviewing style. :D Your way of summarizing a story sounds like a story itself. You add your own thoughts and creativity to produce a very interesting review to read. Thank you for your review. Definitely going to add the book to the “want to read shelf” :techie-studyinggray: . Keep up your good work. It’s inspiring.
charmperit
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charmperit.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by charmperit »

Sounds fun for readers looking for adventure-packed story!
kfwilson6
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kfwilson6 »

sri varshini303041 wrote: 21 Nov 2018, 01:22 I like your reviewing style. :D Your way of summarizing a story sounds like a story itself. You add your own thoughts and creativity to produce a very interesting review to read. Thank you for your review. Definitely going to add the book to the “want to read shelf” :techie-studyinggray: . Keep up your good work. It’s inspiring.
Thank you for such kind words :) Good stories are easy to review; the authors inspire me to write a synopsis that will attract more readers.
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: My Wind Therapy
Bookshelf Size: 407
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: My Wind Therapy: Motorcycling Through A History of Child Abuse And Domestic Violence by Queen Five Star
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

This reminds me of the Famous Five series. Seemingly an interesting book. Thanks for the review 👍👍
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
Ene Monica Onyilokwu
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ene Monica Onyilokwu »

I think one of the amazing thing I liked about the story is the part which the where trapped and could still cooperate despite the fact that the where half siblings. I think I would recommend it to my siblings
MsTri
Favorite Author: Miranda Ann Markley
Favorite Book: The Spirit Seeds Book 1
Currently Reading: the Secret of Safe Passage
Bookshelf Size: 1030
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mstri.html
Latest Review: Suddenly Free, Vol. 1 by Yvette Carmon Davis
Reading Device: B07HZHJGY7
fav_author_id: 225682

Post by MsTri »

In addition to the books you mentioned, The Wizard of Oz, Alice in Wonderland, and A Series of Unfortunate Events, it also sounds like it may have a bit of my ultimate favorite YA story, The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe in it. I also really like that this tome includes such historic locations and events as the Underground Railroad, the Lincoln Tunnel, and the War of 1812. It seems like the ultimate mix of entertainment and education. Thanks so much for the review; I will definitely be looking to read this!
Ub43I59
Favorite Book: For the Love of God
Currently Reading: The Judge
Bookshelf Size: 109

Post by Ub43I59 »

The Invisible Realm by Evelyn Dunbar Webb: An adventure mystery "Ghosts or Treasure" serves to draw two stepsisters together since Hattie Edwards resented that baby sitting chore on vacation. Dacey "bookworm" loved Sir Whiskers her cat and knew history. Imagination and wit with attention to details of two maps take the girls through tunnel and cave to...a "Real Park" and fun together. "Way back...Way Forward...or Way Around"
An interesting read for young readers seven to eleven and the young at heart.

Return to “Children's Books”