Official Review: Magical house for sale by Sathvik Jarajapu

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
JessNWheeler
Favorite Author: Ruth Rendell
Currently Reading: The Girl Next Door: A Novel
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessnwheeler.html
Latest Review: Growing Up in the Dragonfly Zone by Marlana DeMarco Hogan
Reading Device: B075QN8NDH
fav_author_id: 3998

Official Review: Magical house for sale by Sathvik Jarajapu

Post by JessNWheeler »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Magical house for sale" by Sathvik Jarajapu.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Charlie is a beautiful old house. He has been without an owner for far too long. There must be some way for him to find the owner that he deserves. Author Sathvik Jarajapu tells the story of Charlie and his search for a new owner in the children’s fiction book titled Magical House for Sale.

Charlie gave himself a name in order to hire a real estate agent. He needed someone to help him find a new owner. He was ready for the right person or persons to move in. He was a lovely old house, but he had been empty for far too long and was in need of some fixing up. He had to use his own ways of persuasion to urge certain people to leave. He had even accidentally scared a great family away. After all of the disappointments, Charlie was ready and determined to do what had to be done to find an owner that would take good care of him.

This story is fun and entertaining with interesting and humorous characters. A house can feel as though it comes to life with loving owners. Children notice this above all others. As a reader, I was hoping for Charlie to find a great owner. His story held my attention to the end.

This book is skillfully written, organized, and edited. The story is told with simple and understandable language. There are a few minor grammar errors in the text. Still, these errors did not cause confusion or distraction. Children ages five to eight would enjoy reading this book, and children ages two to four would enjoy listening to an adult as they read this story to them.

Illustrations are a vital part of any children’s book. The illustrations in this book breathe life into the story. Each picture is beautifully colored and very well executed. Each character's illustration gives them a bright and engaging personality.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. This book is beautifully illustrated. The pictures will engage and delight young readers. The few grammar errors are a minor flaw. The themes and lessons of determination and the importance of family are clear and presented in an understandable way. Reading this story to or with children will help parents and teachers start conversations about the importance of a comfortable home. Furthermore, this is a fun and entertaining story that the entire family can enjoy together.

Magical house for sale
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like JessNWheeler's review? Post a comment saying so!
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar Wilde
fredrick otieno
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fredrick-otieno.html
Latest Review: Kennedy's Revenge by Stephen L Rodenbeck

Post by fredrick otieno »

This is a very brilliant way to use personification in children fictional stories. I think it was well thought and properly executed too.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

This is so cute! I've never seen a children's book where the house gives himself a name to find an owner! I love it! I know I'm an adult, but I might have to read it just for the fun of it. Thanks for a great review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Book Lover 35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-lover-35.html
Latest Review: VieVie La Fontaine by Linda Heavner Gerald

Post by Book Lover 35 »

Unique storyline. Glad the pictures are good too. Nice review!
:tiphat:
Sonya Nicolaidis
Favorite Book: McDowell
Currently Reading: The Dark Web Murders
Bookshelf Size: 403
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sonya-nicolaidis.html
Latest Review: My Delightfully Dysfunctional Family by Loraine Hartley

Post by Sonya Nicolaidis »

I’m so pleased that the author did this wonderful little story justice. I found myself skimming through your review, just to find the word “but,....” and was so glad it never came. It sounds delightful and I am a great fan of good children’s books, so will definitely try this one. I did read your review properly, :wink: by the way, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks.
wendos
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wendos.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by wendos »

It's a very clever idea for children's book. Kids will find it fun to read about a house that comes to live. nice review.
MsTri
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Miranda Ann Markley
Favorite Book: The Spirit Seeds Book 1
Currently Reading: the Secret of Safe Passage
Bookshelf Size: 1033
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mstri.html
Latest Review: Suddenly Free, Vol. 1 by Yvette Carmon Davis
Reading Device: B07HZHJGY7
fav_author_id: 225682

Post by MsTri »

This sounds like such a delightful read; I adore books with talking animals and/or inanimate objects. Thanks for the review!
T_stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-stone.html
Latest Review: Marketing on Fleek by Kobi Ben Meir
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by T_stone »

A book; parents, guardians and teachers should endeavour to have their children or ward read. With pictorial illustrations, it will make it a very easy read for the kids. Thanks for the review.
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White
Amanda Deck
Currently Reading: A Sight For Psychic Eyes
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-deck.html
Latest Review: Winds of Fall by Alberto Mercado

Post by Amanda Deck »

This sounds like it may be a helpful story for a child who's moving to a new home, to add fun and happiness to what could be unsettling (literally!) or even a bit frightening. The idea of taking care of your home is a nice touch, I think, showing the kids that it isn't only their parents who want them to help clean and maintain the house.
Franc93
Currently Reading: Demon
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-franc93.html
Latest Review: Guilt by David Taylor Black
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Franc93 »

Is it not a widely known fact that houses are usually alive and the energy of those who dwell in it at a particular point is harnessed and given back by the same house. Or am I the only one who shares the same mindset as the author? Nice review this was.
"Are you going to sit there and feel sorry for yourself, or are you going to reshuffle those cards life dealt you."- Stick
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

This was an amazing children's book with a house for a protagonist. The book is free on Amazon Kindle and unfortunately, I am not the target audience. However, the review sold me on the book and since I already have a copy of the book, reading it seems fated. Thanks for your awesome review.
gali
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

A kids' book revolving around a talking house sounds original. A sweet plot, humorous characters, well edited, and lovely illustrations add to the appeal. Hopefully those minor errors were fixed by now. Thank you for the review!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
MatisseVH
Currently Reading: Black Death at the Golden Gate
Bookshelf Size: 1515
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-matissevh.html
Latest Review: Misreading Judas by Robert Wahler
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MatisseVH »

I love this! The idea is adorable and the story telling aspect brings this idea to life! Children and adults alike would adore this story!!
Michgal 32
Currently Reading: The Cartel Crusher
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michgal-32.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Michgal 32 »

This sounds quite interesting especially given that the house has been personified and even gives itself a name.
jessicachartrand
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessicachartrand.html
Latest Review: The Second Cup by Sarah Marie Graye

Post by jessicachartrand »

Amazing review! I want to pick up this book and read it to my children. The teaching of caring and finding a family to care for Charlie the house teaches a good lesson of respect. Thanks!!

Return to “Children's Books”