Official Review: Oh No! Not Chlo-nado! by Richard Galichon

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
JessNWheeler
Favorite Author: Ruth Rendell
Currently Reading: The Girl Next Door: A Novel
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessnwheeler.html
Latest Review: Growing Up in the Dragonfly Zone by Marlana DeMarco Hogan
Reading Device: B075QN8NDH
fav_author_id: 3998

Official Review: Oh No! Not Chlo-nado! by Richard Galichon

Post by JessNWheeler »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Oh No! Not Chlo-nado!" by Richard Galichon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Chloe took her medicine every morning. It helped her to pay attention in school. But after a long day at school, her medicine would wear off. This is when she would become super cranky. Author Richard Galichon tells the story of Chloe, a lovable 8-year-old with ADHD in Oh No! Not Chlo-nado!

Chloe just celebrated her eighth birthday. She and her older sister, Violet really love each other, but they are very different. Sometimes Chloe feels jealous of Violet because she is very popular and gets straight A’s in school. Chloe has talents of her own. She is very creative, and she loves to draw. Daily activities tend to be difficult for Chloe because she has ADHD. The medicine she takes changes her sleep patterns and eating habits. Also, she can get cranky after school. When she becomes Chlo-nado she can count on her mom and dad to comfort her.

This story is fun and entertaining with interesting, relatable characters. Many children struggle with ADHD and sibling jealousy. This is a story that addresses these issues in a gentle and, in many ways, fun manner. Children ages five to eight would enjoy listening to an adult as they read this story to them. This interesting tale will keep young readers’ attention through to the end. This book creates a fun way to teach children about acceptance, kindness, and the importance of family.

This book is skillfully written, organized, and edited. The story is told with simple and understandable language. There is not one grammar error to be found. The story comfortably flows from one scene to the next making it pleasant to read, and it is sure to inspire young imaginations.

Illustrations are a vital part of any children’s book. Alycia Pace illustrated this book. These illustrations breathe life into the story. Each picture is beautifully colored and very well executed. Each character's illustration gives them a bright and engaging personality.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. This book is beautifully illustrated. The pictures will engage and delight young readers. This is a well-written story with a purpose. The themes and lessons of acceptance and the importance of family are clear and presented in an understandable way. Reading this story to or with children will help parents and teachers start conversations about many difficult issues that children cope with today. Furthermore, this is a fun and entertaining story that the entire family can enjoy together.

Oh No! Not Chlo-nado!
View: on Bookshelves

Like JessNWheeler's review? Post a comment saying so!
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar Wilde
Debjani Ghosh
Favorite Book: The Lord Of The Rings
Currently Reading: The Evacuees
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debjani-ghosh.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Debjani Ghosh »

This seems like a fun book for young adults with beautiful illustrations. I like the fact that it deals with a pertinent issue, that is, ADHD. Thanks for the review!
EvaDar
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

I love everything about this book. Great review. I was feeling some longing reading your description of the illustrations. I just finished a book with very poor illustrations. It made a huge difference as to how I felt about the book.
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed
T_stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-stone.html
Latest Review: Marketing on Fleek by Kobi Ben Meir
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by T_stone »

The pictorial illustrations will make this book very appealing to young readers. Thanks you for the review.
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White
wendos
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wendos.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by wendos »

Its a beautiful book for young adults. I like skillfully written narratives with minimal or no errors at all. I would love to try this one.
Amy+++
Favorite Book: The Mister
Currently Reading: Last Chance Cafe
Bookshelf Size: 218
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins
Reading Device: B01CRGNO4S

Post by Amy+++ »

I can relate to Chloe. When I was younger I had to take medication to help me pay attention in school as I am ADD. Great review.
Sonya Nicolaidis
Favorite Book: McDowell
Currently Reading: The Dark Web Murders
Bookshelf Size: 403
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sonya-nicolaidis.html
Latest Review: My Delightfully Dysfunctional Family by Loraine Hartley

Post by Sonya Nicolaidis »

I was so amused by the title of this book! Chlo-nado? It definitely typifies the endless energy that kids with ADHD can have. I would be interested to read this book and find out exactly how the author handles this topic, as it is all too common these days. I enjoyed your review. Thanks.
Noraine Alissa Poria
Currently Reading: Bro Code
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noraine-alissa-poria.html
Latest Review: The Making Of A Con by Grace Larson

Post by Noraine Alissa Poria »

It's a great idea to introduced kids, to a character with ADHD, at the very young age they will undoubtedly how hard it is to have an ADHD, and they'll be understanding to those people who have one.
Book Lover 35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-lover-35.html
Latest Review: VieVie La Fontaine by Linda Heavner Gerald

Post by Book Lover 35 »

I like that children with ADHD can relate to this book. I also like that it talks about sibling rivalry. Great cover. Thank you for the review!
:tiphat:

Return to “Children's Books”