Review by Laduchess7 -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Laduchess7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laduchess7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Review by Laduchess7 -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Laduchess7 » 03 Oct 2018, 12:37

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The cover of the book immediately gets you curious about Toni. Who is this boy with the super cape and what makes him a superhero?

I love that Toni is a boy with a darker complexion, making this book more relatable to even more children. Especially children who often do not feel like superheroes because of how society treats them.

The title makes you think that you are about to go on wild adventures with Toni saving the day. But each page talks about the daily chores that children may be responsible for. When you turn each page, you learn that Toni has to do things that we all have to do. Such as cleaning and helping our parents.
It teaches our children that they are all superheroes, even while they have to make their bed, clean their room or help their parents and other people.

Each page is colorful, with words that are easy to read and understand. Making this a great book for the little ones who are learning to read themselves.
At the same time it gives the one who is reading to the little ones the opportunity to involve the child by talking about the different chores and ways they may help others.

My preschooler loves books and loves to help around the house and I am looking forward to make this book part of her library as she is learning to read. Exploring life together with the help of Toni.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I like the use of primary colors for the illustrations, bright colors usually speak more to kids than pastel colors. Once again, the words are easy to understand and easy to read for the beginning reader.

Anybody who can make the daily things in life, including helping others, sound exciting and like an adventure is a superhero in my book.

Toni the Superhero
View: on Bookshelves | on Smashwords

Like Laduchess7's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”