Official Review: Anna and the Snowglobe by Vicki Jones

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
nsc
Bookshelf Size: 0

Icon Re: Official Review: Anna and the Snowglobe by Vicki Jones

Post by nsc »

Anna and the Snowglobe by Vicki Jones
Your review correctly points out the habit of quite a few members in the society who like to intimidate people with force.The loving care of David and the likes of such persons today is a rarity.The ones who loose their loved ones are more prone to the harsh behavior and we should abhor this sort of attitude.The persons with such attitude should be treated in a manner to reduce their abnormal attitude with loving and forgiving care.
CryptQueen
Currently Reading: Working Stiff
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cryptqueen.html
Latest Review: The Mystery Of Flight 2222 by Thomas Neviaser

Post by CryptQueen »

A book I could have used as a kid. Good review.
truebookaddict
Favorite Book: The Historian
Currently Reading: Children of the Dark
Bookshelf Size: 3838
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-truebookaddict.html
Reading Device: B00TSUGXKE

Post by truebookaddict »

So awful for a child to lose her parents, only to move in with relatives and be bullied by them. Terrible! Sadly, I'm sure there are plenty of situations like that which is why a book like this is so important. Anything to help young people cope and overcome obstacles such as bullying, anxiety, etc. is wonderful in my eyes. Thanks for your review!
“Even if she be not harmed, her heart may fail her in so much and so many horrors; and hereafter she may suffer--both in waking, from her nerves, and in sleep, from her dreams.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

From the review, the story sounds so beautiful! I am sure the magical gift in Anna's life will have a lingering effect on the readers. It is good that the book addresses serious issues with an entertaining manner, as suitable for its intended audience. Thanks for the review!
Mely918
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mely918.html
Latest Review: I'm Going to Kill that Cat by F. Della Notte

Post by Mely918 »

This book seems like one of those fun reads I would choose back in my middle school days. That's not to say I wouldn't consider reading it today. I'm actually curious on why Anna disappears after the last snowflake falls in the snowglobe. It's sad that Anna had a difficult upbringing as well. Great job on your review!
ladycraic
Currently Reading: Natural Cures: Stay Healthy Naturally
Bookshelf Size: 239
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladycraic.html
Latest Review: When War Ends by Patricia Tomlin

Post by ladycraic »

Thanks for this review! Wasn't expecting the snow globe to have magical powers but it seems like a fun twist. I like how parents can share this book with children and teach them about what others go through, or how to cope with bullying. :D
Olaremilekun844
Currently Reading: The Selfie

Post by Olaremilekun844 »

I love this, this issue if bullying kids is actually one one the thing we need to stop, and also love the fact that its state exact age of kids that will be good for, I hope I have a kid now I will just read it to he or she to listen, I love it easy and educative to kids. Thanks Vicki jones
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 86063">Are you afraid of the dark</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 868
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickie-noel.html
Latest Review: Modern Day Cowboy by Nathaniel Sheft
Reading Device: B01C9JZEBO

Post by Vickie Noel »

As a teacher and a lover of magical tales, Anna and the Snowglobe appeals to me personally. I would love to use it in my work as a teaching tool especially in the issue of bullying. Thanks for the review.
Stop waiting for what you WANT, start working with what you HAVE. --- Seth Cain
Never be bullied into questioning your own credibility. --- Vickie Noel
Jgideon
Favorite Book: Gates to Tangier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jgideon.html
Latest Review: Sundays with Sister ssj by Anthony Happy LaRiccia

Post by Jgideon »

A book that highlights the themes of bullying, loss, and anxiety especially in the context of teenagers sounds good. The character of Anna is also well developed. Great review.
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercelle »

Amidst bullying and being ostracized by her peers, Anna finds s friend in David, a classmate who genuinely likes her. He awards her a gift that has underlying magical powers, which has the potential to transform her life.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
jaliper
Currently Reading: The Healer
Bookshelf Size: 598

Post by jaliper »

Great Review!! Looking forward to giving this book a try. Ive been looking to reading something a little more serious and this one looks interesting.
Hamza099
Currently Reading:

Post by Hamza099 »

Losing your loved ones is the most difficult path to stand on,and being tortured the second one.The way this review has been written is giving me goose bumps to read the book myself.Earlier I joined review team,and took a book for review after reading and reviewing that book I will give a read to it too.
Isaiah Lokeno
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by Isaiah Lokeno »

Thanks for a good book review, I think this book is good for my sibling at home. It starts by a touching death of Anna's parents but later on seems to be very interesting and educating to children.
Chelsy Scherba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jordan David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 837
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsy-scherba.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 64963

Post by Chelsy Scherba »

I really enjoy the occasional children’s story, so I’ll be checking this one out.
Julehart1
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julehart1.html
Latest Review: Killing Time ... Physics, Lust and Greed Series Book 3 by Mike Murphey

Post by Julehart1 »

This book sounds like an interesting children’s book. I like how it deals with important topics and has relatable characters and language. Thanks for your review.

Return to “Children's Books”