Review by tfair -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
tfair
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tfair.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Review by tfair -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by tfair » 23 Aug 2018, 19:33

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This is a wonderful children’s book which revolves around a little boy name Toni, a young superhero by R.D. Base. Most heroes are known for their super powers, however Toni gives light to a new definition of a superhero. Toni is a normal kid performing regular activities such as doing his chores, reading and rescuing a cat.

The book is a positive book that shows children that you don’t have to have powers to be a superhero. The fact that Toni is an African American little boy, shows young readers that he isn’t the typical superhero. The author provides simple words that children who are learning how to read, can read the book with minimal assistance from their parents or teacher. The book is a quick and easy bedtime story for children between the ages of 1-5. The book is not offensive are shows favoritism to beliefs such as magic or other beliefs.

The cover of the book caught my attention because of the different colors and that it was a children’s book. The cover was simple and didn’t’ have too many things on the cover that would take away from the book. When you look at the book you can tell that the boy is going to be doing normal things around the house and in his neighborhood. The illustrator did a great job on illustrating the pictures. The pictures were appropriate for children and would get the child interested in the book.

I have two small children who love to read and be read to. I love to read them a bedtime story and consistently looking for children’s books that I can read to them. I love that fact that the character is an African American boy that is a superhero. My children enjoyed the book and were able to tell me in their own words what the story was about. I don’t think this book is for children older than 5, because it is too easy.

I am giving a 4 out of 4 stars because it is an enjoyable children’s book. The book is a perfect for first time parents are teachers who are teaching Pre-K- 1st grade. The book is a great teaching tool for young children, introducing them to doing chores and helping out around the home. The book has a many site words that will help children who are learning how to read and write site words.

Toni the Superhero
View: on Bookshelves | on Smashwords

Like tfair's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”