Review by cindyr2416 -- Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
cindyr2416
Favorite Book: Ironbark Hill
Currently Reading: Parkhurst tales
Bookshelf Size: 676
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cindyr2416.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Review by cindyr2416 -- Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!

Post by cindyr2416 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!" by Len Foley.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Sigfried’s Smelly Socks by Len Foley is an entertaining humorous story of what else but Sigfried’s stinky, smelly socks. This book takes you on an adventure to find out what that smell is. It introduces all kinds of odors that one would think “stink”. I believe many, if not everyone, could relate to this story at one time or another and can imagine the smells as you read along.

This picture book is filled with fascinating characters and the work is very detailed. The pictures perfectly match the story and one could just imagine what that terrible odor is. From old rotten bananas to rotten potatoes and more, this story will keep you on your toes. Can you possibly think of anything that smells so bad it burns the hair on your head? Sigfried can! It’s his socks. Now imagine everyone’s expressions when they picture all these awful smells.

This book will have ages from 3-99 laughing and making faces as you journey through all the different things this smell could be. Do you think that Sigfried will find the smell? Which sock will it be? I think the ending will surprise many. This can be used as a learning tool to show kids about cleanliness. You can teach kids what would happen if you don’t pick up after yourself or clean your clothes, especially your socks. I would recommend this for children ages 3-9 years old even though I think all ages will get a kick out of reading this silly story. I know I did.

I give this book 4 out of 4 stars. I really enjoyed this book and didn’t find any mistakes but thought that certain parts fell through with the rhythm of the rhyme. This tends to cut your flow but then it picks back up. I wish the author would have either had this part in the beginning or end, not in the middle cause is does cause a little distraction. I also found the caricature of the uncle a little bizarre compared to all the others.

I enjoyed the illustrations so much that I took extra time to look over all the details. Len Foley, you did this book justice. It’s not very long so it can hold the attention span of smaller children. I definitely will be sharing this with my kids and recommend it to others for a good laugh and pure entertainment.

Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like cindyr2416's review? Post a comment saying so!
kfwilson6
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kfwilson6 »

This is quite a unique and disgusting book. I was quite surprised by the ending. I didn't really understand what happened with the rhyming scheme toward the last few pages. It just sort of fell apart. The illustrations were an odd mixture of various types of graphics, some I liked and some were a little too odd for my taste and didn't really fit in. Nice review.
cindyr2416

Post by cindyr2416 »

Thanks, I too found one of the pictures odd.
Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 263
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Fozia-Bajwa »

It is the most interesting book you have chosen for review but to give it's review is not an easy task. I also have given a review of this book recently.
cindyr2416

Post by cindyr2416 »

Yes it’s not long at all. So the review was a bit harder to do without describing the whole book. But it was a really good book so it made it worth it.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”