Review by psspcj -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
psspcj
2018 Reading Goal: 24
2017 Reading Goal: 20
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 12
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-psspcj.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Review by psspcj -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by psspcj » 17 Aug 2018, 04:50

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Toni the superhero, as the title of the book suggests is about a superhero - Toni. However, book is not talking about any superpowers or any missions or goals that Toni achieved using his superpowers. Written by R. D. Base with illustrations by Debbie Hefke, this children's book does not have any traditional story line. Instead it is full of drawings and illustrations which are done by Debbie Hefke.

The writer neither show anything extra-ordinary about this superhero nor talked any details about Tonis super powers . Instead he had portrayed this superhero doing ordinary things which fall under good habits. Writer wants to show children that even the superhero Toni does the regular jobs. If kids do household chores or help family they can become a superhero. This is the way of simple writing and simple to read and easy to understand book.

In this book, each page has just one sentence with related illustration. This makes children easy to read and understand. Illustrations are so live that it gives the visual treat to the children. I read this book to my 4 years old son and he was very happy and excited to see the pictures in the book. Also, the day-to-day activities that Toni has been mentioned to do, my son was motivated to do those. e.g. Toni likes to draw or sing or dance, the toddler now looks forward to do these things.

The book is having 30 pages total and can be read in 5 minutes. There was no spelling or grammatical mistake identified anywhere in the book. For the children, it will be more fun to go over the drawings along with the content with it. It teaches the children about doing the daily routine activities which otherwise parents/teachers are asking children to do. But since superhero is shown to do all these things, children feel positive about these activities and do them without complaining, that's my personal experience. The illustrations are so much detailed for day-to-day objects that even the pictures are very useful to teach children many things including drawing itself.

This is the first book of the series. There are few titles of the books announced which will be coming soon. I will rate this book 4 out of 4 since this is perfect book for its intended audience of 2-4 years aged children. It is also perfect book for the kids who are just starting to learn reading books. People who love children books or the books with lots of pictures will also like this book very much. Overall its good read and I definitely recommend it.

Toni the Superhero
View: on Bookshelves | on Smashwords

Like psspcj's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”