Review by Chandre -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Chandre
2017 Reading Goal: 80
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 36
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chandre.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Review by Chandre -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Chandre » 14 Aug 2018, 22:22

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

While reading this book, I thought about my kids reactions. It is very simple and clear for them to understand. They both enjoyed it, as one is two and a half and the other one is five and a half. It is a book that could be read over and over again. The understood what was going on and the loved the pictures that goes with the words.

This is a book that I could help teach my kids to read. The key here is the repeat of "Toni Likes To". It just sticks in their minds when you keep repeating something. Sometimes a parent needs a guideline to help teach their kids. My youngest one is at home with me, while the older one goes to pre school. I make it my duty to teach them. And this book creates a great platform for that. From basic day to day activities. So your child can understand and most importantly, so your child can relate to the book.

I feel that the pictures are nice and creative. It is very colorful and the drawings itself is clear for your child to know what it is. Even if your child is too young to even start reading, you could still tell them the story through the pictures. It guides their imagination, and as you read, you complete that stimulation.

It covers a simple day to day life of a normal child. From playing and eating, to helping mommy in the house, with sweeping and dusting. Everything a child would actually like to do or would want to do. Helping in the house is a very important goal for every parent. And making this fun in the book, will give them a positive feel for it.

I would recommend that the more books to come in the future, the harder the books should get. Meaning that the second book should provide a challenge for the child, and the third book a smaller upgraded challenge. So when a parent buys the whole series, they know it's something that their shield can evolve in and grow. It is also very important to create healthy stimulation for their brains to develop at the right pace.

I love how the style of the book actually introduces the future of the rest of the story line to come. I would give the book 4 out of 4 stars, as it's simple and understanding.

Toni the Superhero
View: on Bookshelves | on Smashwords

Like Chandre's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”