Review by Abi1 -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Abi1
Currently Reading: A Kingdom's Cost
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abi1.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B01KLMX1KM

Review by Abi1 -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Abi1 » 03 Aug 2018, 15:54

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Toni The Superhero
By R.D Base

Looking for a book to teach your little toddler new words and how to read? Then Toni The Superhero is just the book for you!

Your child will love this book, with its simple, short sentences that are easy to read and beautiful illustrations to go hand-in-hand, your child will quickly learn new words like read, draw, sleep, eat, and many more, as well as to read confidently and start the building blocks for imagery interpretation.

Not only does this book teach your child new words and to read, but it also teaches that even though Toni is a superhero, he’s a young boy that enjoys doing all the things any ordinary child does, such as drawing, playing, swimming, eating, sleeping and so much more.

This shows your child that superheroes are ordinary people just like them. Even though they are extraordinary humans with super powers, they do simple day-to-day things like any normal person.

Through the author’s use of simple words such as sleep and eat, the author conveys in her sentences, that cleaning and helping out in the world (e.g. where Toni helped the cat from the tree) as well as in the house, is one of the many roles of a superhero. And this is done in a way that is simple, yet understandable for young toddlers.

I feel that a there is a key lesson a child can learn from Toni The Superhero, and that is that ‘You don’t have to do “big” things to be extraordinary, because the simple things you do in life count the most.’ Anyone can be a superhero, doesn’t matter who you are.

I loved this book because children learn through hearing and seeing and the illustrations are perfect depictions of what is being said in the sentences, which are very similar except for the last words of each sentence that’s changed – this is perfect as they hear the same words more and more the better faster they’ll learn.

Therefore, I rate this book, 4 out of 4 stars, because it is exactly what I would read to my little child when they’re just starting to speak. It’s bright and colourful – catching a child’s attention immediately, and if read with enthusiasm and love, there’s no reason why your child shouldn’t love it too – because what child doesn’t like superheroes or what to be one themselves.

Toni the Superhero
View: on Bookshelves | on Smashwords

Like Abi1's review? Post a comment saying so!

crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 » 04 Aug 2018, 11:05

Thank you for your insightful review of this book. Toni is a small boy whose extraordinary superhero qualities should be patterned by everyone, especially children.

Dael Reader
Currently Reading: The Story of Arthur Truluv
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dael-reader.html
Latest Review: Extraordinary Stories From Everyday People (and me) by Les Clark
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Dael Reader » 04 Aug 2018, 11:55

"You don’t have to do 'big' things to be extraordinary, because the simple things you do in life count the most.’ Anyone can be a superhero, doesn’t matter who you are."
Exactly. Great review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”