Official Review: Miss Kate's Very Very Special Class Proj...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Re: Official Review: Miss Kate's Very Very Special Class Proj...

Post by kandscreeley »

Janet Bragg wrote: 06 Aug 2018, 20:44 Miss Kate's Very Very Special Class Project Character education is a significant part of a student's curriculum, especially in the elementary school. As a teacher, there is no better way to foster a discussion on friendship and good deeds than with a good, read-aloud book. I would totally use this book in a primary classroom, along with the creation of the bracelet, to motivate and challenge students to acts of kindness. Knowing how this would motivate students, a monitoring system would have to be incorporated or students would be trying to move all their beads in the first 30 minutes. I'm looking forward to reading this entire book and writing the review.
I can see that happening with the moving beads in the first 30 minutes! This really could work very well for a classroom! Thanks for your comment.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
mandasnead30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by mandasnead30 »

I think Miss Kate's very very special class project is a wonderfully outstanding book because not only is make u think about what you're doing but to make sure kindness is still existing in the world today. I love reading this book to my children.
booklysis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booklysis.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by booklysis »

The book is so well-written. It is a great book for children. I just love the review!
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

mandasnead30 wrote: 08 Aug 2018, 20:04 I think Miss Kate's very very special class project is a wonderfully outstanding book because not only is make u think about what you're doing but to make sure kindness is still existing in the world today. I love reading this book to my children.
I agree! There will be no more kindness if we don't teach our children how to be kind to others! Thanks so much for your comment.
—Neil Gaiman
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

booklysis wrote: 09 Aug 2018, 04:41 The book is so well-written. It is a great book for children. I just love the review!
Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting. It was a very enjoyable book.
—Neil Gaiman
KarinaBordas
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karinabordas.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by KarinaBordas »

What a wonderful approach for a children’s book! The concept of good deeds is something that should be taught throughout life, but definitely requires a foundation at an early age. I look forward to adding Miss Kate’s Very Very Special Class Project to my collection!
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

KarinaBordas wrote: 09 Aug 2018, 20:24 What a wonderful approach for a children’s book! The concept of good deeds is something that should be taught throughout life, but definitely requires a foundation at an early age. I look forward to adding Miss Kate’s Very Very Special Class Project to my collection!
You absolutely should! I also appreciated the diversity of characters in the pictures. You really will be pleasantly surprised about that! Thanks for commenting.
—Neil Gaiman
Amy+++
Favorite Book: The Mister
Currently Reading: Last Chance Cafe
Bookshelf Size: 219
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins
Reading Device: B01CRGNO4S

Post by Amy+++ »

Wow! I loved your review! This book seems to hit my marks for a great children's book as well. The interactive element with the hard copy is a great idea. I think children and adults could learn a valuable lesson from this book. Who knows, maybe a child will read this book and teach an adult something about good deeds.
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

Amy+++ wrote: 12 Aug 2018, 11:22 Wow! I loved your review! This book seems to hit my marks for a great children's book as well. The interactive element with the hard copy is a great idea. I think children and adults could learn a valuable lesson from this book. Who knows, maybe a child will read this book and teach an adult something about good deeds.
I do know some adults that could use that lesson! It was a fabulous book, well worth the read. Thanks.
—Neil Gaiman
Ak1412
Currently Reading: Reawakened
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ak1412.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by Ak1412 »

This is a great review. I'm always looking for new children's books.
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

Ak1412 wrote: 23 Mar 2019, 17:20 This is a great review. I'm always looking for new children's books.
I think this is great for a class or even just your own children. Hope you enjoy.
—Neil Gaiman

Return to “Children's Books”