Review by Ronel_Steyn -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Ronel_Steyn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ronel-steyn.html
Latest Review: The Chest of Visions by Tim Ferguson

Review by Ronel_Steyn -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Ronel_Steyn » 30 Jul 2018, 08:28

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Toni is a superhero that not only saves humanity from evil villains as all superheroes do, but also loves to do ordinary tasks. The little tasks that we take for granted and sometimes find mundane. In this colourful book, we meet Toni and see some of the wonderful things he does. From playing with friends to helping around the house, Toni shows us what being a superhero is all about.

What I liked most about this book was how simple and colourful it was. It is perfectly suited for the intended readers. Most pages contain only one sentence that allows the reader to focus on the illustrations on each page. The sentences were straight to the point and easily understandable. This is so important when it comes to children and exposing them to books and reading. The pictures were well illustrated and vibrant. Each sentence tied in perfectly with what was on the corresponding page. The length of the book was just right therefore there was no opportunity to become distracted. I also liked the self-confidence that Toni is displayed with in the drawings. This is an important part in being a superhero as well as for growing children.

There really wasn’t anything that I disliked about this book. I didn’t find any spelling mistakes or grammar errors. There were no distractions from the main point of the book.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I read it to my four-year-old son. He is crazy about superheroes at this age. With the sentences being short and to the point, I was able to easily translate them so that he could understand the association with the pictures. He loved the colourful pictures and joined in with turning the pages. What made it even more special was that I was able to highlight tasks that he had done in the past to compare it with Toni’s tasks. I was able to show my son that he was my superhero and that the things he does around the house is noticed and appreciated.

I would recommend this book to all readers. Toni The Superhero by R.D. Base is ideal for children aged 5 to 8 as well as children who can’t read yet. I would even recommend this book to mature readers. Books like these give parents the opportunity to help show their children how wonderful they really are as individuals and that they should be proud of the little tasks they accomplish.

Toni the Superhero
View: on Bookshelves | on Smashwords

Like Ronel_Steyn's review? Post a comment saying so!

ButterscotchCherrie
Previous Member of the Month
2018 Reading Goal: 104
2017 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 65
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 50
Currently Reading: The Jolliest Term on Record
Bookshelf Size: 185
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-butterscotchcherrie.html
Latest Review: Finding Paris A Menior of Hope by Paris Broker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by ButterscotchCherrie » 04 Oct 2018, 11:51

Toni clearly sets a heroic example in this colourful book! Thanks for an interesting review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”