Official Review: Rhonda the Panda by Hope Franklin

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bianka Walter
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Old Man and the Sea
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 368
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianka-walter.html
Latest Review: Thir13en by Keegan Nielsen
Reading Device: B06XD5YCKX

Re: Official Review: Rhonda the Panda by Hope Franklin

Post by Bianka Walter »

Miriam Molina wrote: โ†‘02 Aug 2018, 15:26
Bianka Walter wrote: โ†‘02 Aug 2018, 12:09 That's so true, they are naturally lethargic. It's maybe like you say - everyone loves pandas, they are the cutest!
That sneezing panda on YouTube is my favourite video ever. (I'm sure you've seen it, but if you haven't - Google sneezing panda)
Thanks for sharing the video; it's my first time to see it. Wish it was longer, though. It's amazing that that little thing could make such noise and startle its momma. :lol2:

I also discovered that caring for a panda is five times more expensive than caring for an elephant!
Well then, that settles it.
We are all getting elephants.
You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book.
- Dr. Seuss
Bianka Walter
Currently Reading:

Post by Bianka Walter »

Cecilia_L wrote: โ†‘02 Aug 2018, 15:11 It's a shame the story lacks direction since the illustrations are lovely. Thanks for your honest review.
They really are lovely :)
Thank you for commenting!
You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book.
- Dr. Seuss
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

That's the book has colorful illustrations which lure children to read this book. But definitely the plot is main thing which should have been focused. Thanks four your honest review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

๐Ÿ“•๐Ÿ“–๐Ÿ“ฐ๐Ÿ““๐Ÿ“•
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3038
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Post by Kibet Hillary »

This is a very nice and critical review. Teaching that children playing is also fun and important is paramount in today's world where most kids spend time in front of screens playing games or watching. I do not have a definite view on why the author repeated the word 'many' severally. Maybe it was meant to be so or other words could have appeared complicated.
โ€œIt just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when thereโ€™s no guarantee of its availability.โ€
- Dr. Larry Crabb
OloladeO
Currently Reading: The Michael Project
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ololadeo.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by OloladeO »

Sad to hear about the shortcomings of the book I hope they get fixed. Thanks for the honest review.
kfwilson6
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kfwilson6 »

Poor Cato. I feel bad for him that his sister didn't want to play until their cousin came along. That's not a good inclusion for a children's book. The author should have promoted the idea that playing with one's siblings is enjoyable.
AmySmiles
Favorite Author: Dana Peters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amysmiles.html
Latest Review: Sex Education for Adults Secrets to Amazing Sex and Happily Ever After Too by John Wilder
fav_author_id: 154082

Post by AmySmiles »

Too bad about the storyline, but I bet kids will love the pictures.
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.
โ€“Author Unknown
Bianka Walter
Currently Reading:

Post by Bianka Walter »

Sarah Tariq wrote: โ†‘02 Aug 2018, 23:39 That's the book has colorful illustrations which lure children to read this book. But definitely the plot is main thing which should have been focused. Thanks four your honest review.
Thanks for stopping by and commenting :)
- Dr. Seuss
Bianka Walter
Currently Reading:

Post by Bianka Walter »

Kibetious wrote: โ†‘03 Aug 2018, 00:44 This is a very nice and critical review. Teaching that children playing is also fun and important is paramount in today's world where most kids spend time in front of screens playing games or watching. I do not have a definite view on why the author repeated the word 'many' severally. Maybe it was meant to be so or other words could have appeared complicated.
You are right, with so many electronics these days, playing outside is a great idea!
Thanks for commenting!
- Dr. Seuss
Bianka Walter
Currently Reading:

Post by Bianka Walter »

christabel88 wrote: โ†‘03 Aug 2018, 08:54 Sad to hear about the shortcomings of the book I hope they get fixed. Thanks for the honest review.
I hope they do too! Thanks for the comment :)
- Dr. Seuss
Bianka Walter
Currently Reading:

Post by Bianka Walter »

kfwilson6 wrote: โ†‘03 Aug 2018, 09:20 Poor Cato. I feel bad for him that his sister didn't want to play until their cousin came along. That's not a good inclusion for a children's book. The author should have promoted the idea that playing with one's siblings is enjoyable.
Absolutely! Especially when siblings have a natural rivalry between them, this type of message doesn't quite help.
- Dr. Seuss
Bianka Walter
Currently Reading:

Post by Bianka Walter »

AmySmiles wrote: โ†‘03 Aug 2018, 10:08 Too bad about the storyline, but I bet kids will love the pictures.
If I loved the pictures, I'm sure kids will too :)
Thanks for commenting!
- Dr. Seuss
Britty01
Favorite Book: Will's Red Coat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-britty01.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Britty01 »

Bianka Walter wrote: โ†‘02 Aug 2018, 12:09 That's so true, they are naturally lethargic. It's maybe like you say - everyone loves pandas, they are the cutest!
That sneezing panda on YouTube is my favourite video ever. (I'm sure you've seen it, but if you haven't - Google sneezing panda)
Thanks for sharing the video; it's my first time to see it. Wish it was longer, though. It's amazing that that little thing could make such noise and startle its momma. :lol2:

I also discovered that caring for a panda is five times more expensive than caring for an elephant!
LOL. I looked up the Sneezing panda, there was mama and baby panda and I was wondering who is going to sneeze. I must have had the volume turned up, it took me by surprise when the baby panda did sneeze. I shall resist the urge to look at more videos.
Eryn Bradshaw
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eryn-bradshaw.html
Latest Review: The Witchstone by Victoria Randall

Post by Eryn Bradshaw »

It sounds like this would be a great book for kids to flip through with the illustrations. Unfortunately the plot holes would make it frustrating for a parent who might have to read the same book over and over to the child. Great review, Bianka!
โ€œLive, and be happy, and make others so.โ€
โ€• Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley
Bianka Walter
Currently Reading:

Post by Bianka Walter »

Britty01 wrote: โ†‘04 Aug 2018, 17:35

LOL. I looked up the Sneezing panda, there was mama and baby panda and I was wondering who is going to sneeze. I must have had the volume turned up, it took me by surprise when the baby panda did sneeze. I shall resist the urge to look at more videos.
I'll be sure not to share any other videos :)
But, I mean, come on. A sneezing baby panda. It really does win the internet.
- Dr. Seuss

Return to โ€œChildren's Booksโ€