Review by Dsmrtazz -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Dsmrtazz
Favorite Book: Toni the Superhero
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dsmrtazz.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Review by Dsmrtazz -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Dsmrtazz » 22 Jul 2018, 14:10

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

<t>Toni the Superhero written by R.D. Base is a great starter book for children from the ages of 0-5. It is repetitive which will help the child remember the words and syllables as well as learn at a steady fun pace. The sentences were clear,short and simple helping to retain what was just read.

This is a story about Toni who although he has superpowers, he also enjoys everyday things. This book shows that even super heros help out around the house. This book shows us that anyone can sweep and dust, not just the mom. So many times stereotypes are illustrated with a woman doing the house chores.This book shows that it is acceptable for anyone to help! Children at this age are very impressionable and this would be a great book and character to get everyone on board to help. After reading this I wanted to put on a cape and go help my neighbors with their yard work or chores.

I can easily see how Toni and his adventures could be a bedtime story favorite. It is simple yet captivating! I did not see any grammatical errors and as a former pre-school assistant I think this book would teach a lot of young people to not only read, but love to read! This is a feel good book! Super Hero saves the day in a different way. This will teach children that you don't have to fly and save the world to be someone's hero! You can do something as small as helping with chores be it can make someone's day brighter!

Children love to imitate super heroes. Most of the time it is Batman,Superman,Spiderman. While Toni doesn't sling webs from his wrist or leap tall buildings in a single bound he still helps his friends, family and all living things. Toni is a great role model for young kids these days! Help others, eat healthy, get enough sleep and above all else have fun and be a kid!

I really enjoyed the illustrations in this book as they were bright and captivating. It made me want to see what the next page brought. There wasn't anything I disliked about this book. I could see me reading this to my nieces and nephews time and time again. I would definitely follow Toni and his adventures in future books!

I give Toni the Superhero 4 out of 4 stars. It is easy to follow for children if they are having it read to them or if they themselves are reading it. I would recommend this book to all of my teacher friends as well as new parents!

Toni the Superhero
View: on Bookshelves | on Smashwords

Like Dsmrtazz's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”