Review by cdhall_2001 -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
cdhall_2001
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cdhall-2001.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Review by cdhall_2001 -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by cdhall_2001 » 18 Jul 2018, 16:45

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I rate this book Toni the Superhero 4 out of 4 stars.This is a wonderful children's book. I believe it deserves all four stars and no less.

The Author did an amazing job making the book very easy to follow. The book very well suits the target audience, children ages zero to four. The wording is simple and easily understandable, yet interesting and not without meaning.

The illustrations were wonderful! They were very colorful and fun. In my opinion they helped describe the words even more, especially for younger kids that don't know how to connect words and their meanings yet. This would be a great book for kids just learning to read.

The book starts out by introducing the little boy as the superhero Toni. Then the book goes on to tell about all the things he enjoys doing. A fee of the things are typical little kid things such as reading, drawing, rescuing animals, playing and such things. What I enjoyed most about the book is that it also refers to the not so fun things, but states that he does like to do them.

The book mentions Toni the Superhero enjoying helping with dishes, sweeping, and dusting. Near the end it also says that he likes to eat. The illustration shows fruits, veggies, and a meat on the little Superhero's plate. Parents could use this to encourage their little one(s) to be like Toni the Superhero and eat all their fruits and veggies. For the ending if the book the little superhero likes to sleep, at the end of th day if you have a little one that doesn't care for bedtime you may be able to use this to show then that everyone, even superhero's, need to sleep.

I really loved this book for many reasons though I am not a kid. While I read I continually asked myself would a zero to four year old enjoy this book? My answer is yes, I believe they would. I read the book a second time to see how I would enjoy the book for a parents point of view. I think parents will enjoy reading this book along with their little one(s). I think it has the potential to help assist teaching life lessons, and to help parents teach kids how to help around the house, It sets an example showing the little boy/superhero playing and having fun but also helping around the house.

Though I am not yet a parent, I am a Babysitter, and an Aunt of many. I would certainly recommend this book to anyone with or around kids. I think this book is wonderful.

I believe any little kid would really enjoy this book. It's fun and energetic yet simple and easy to understand and follow. If I was a Mom (or Dad) I would probably buy the whole series of books for my little one(s). There is nothing in this book I would disagree with.

Toni the Superhero
View: on Bookshelves

Like cdhall_2001's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”