Review by Ksharmilla -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Ksharmilla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ksharmilla.html
Latest Review: The Embalmer by Vincent Zandri

Review by Ksharmilla -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Ksharmilla » 09 Jul 2018, 19:07

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Every child dreams of being a superhero. They might spend days watching cartoons about superheroes and pretend that they were one too. They would make up games where someone dons a cape and runs around the room screaming something like “To infinity and beyond!” Other kids would read about superheroes and in their dreams at night they would really be one.

Toni the Superhero is a book targeted towards very young children now being introduced to the world of reading. This book is geared towards children between the ages of 3 to 5 years old. It is hoped that the book will help develop their young minds and instil a love for reading.

I rate this book at 4 out of 4 stars. The pictures are brightly coloured and visually appealing. I can see a young child being entranced by the images. The words are easy and repetitive. This helps the young child to become more familiar with the words such as “like” and “to.” The sentence also corresponds to the pictures. For example, the sentence “Toni likes to play” is accompanied by an image of Toni playing with his friends.

I love that the book is simple in all aspects. It is easy to read and follow along with the words and pictures. I also love the message the book portrays. Superheroes are figures that everyone looks up to. They are the ones with all kinds of expectations, such as saving the world or rescuing the damsel in distress. Toni is a superhero with all these amazing powers. However, he is also a kid and as a kid he does all the things you would expect. He draws, he reads, he plays with his friends and he performs all his chores. It shows that even superheroes must do their normal activities. Sometimes being a good kid is being the superhero.

This book is great for use by early childhood care institutions and parents who want to encourage their child to read. Not only is it great for reading but it shows a young child what being a good kid looks like. Toni the Superhero can show a child when you do everything with a smile and a good heart; that is the best feeling in the world. The book makes a great teaching tool that can be built upon, not just the reading part but the morals and values part. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to help their kids learn.

Toni the Superhero
View: on Bookshelves

Like Ksharmilla's review? Post a comment saying so!

Morgan Jones
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 11
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-morgan-jones.html
Latest Review: Of Free Will And Providence by Chip Byers

Post by Morgan Jones » 10 Jul 2018, 19:50

Thanks for the great review! My little brother really enjoyed this story so thanks for recommending it!😁
"Reading is a conversation. All books talk. But a good book listens as well." - Mark Haddon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”