Review by hadizasalisu -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
hadizasalisu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hadizasalisu.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Review by hadizasalisu -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by hadizasalisu » 06 Jul 2018, 16:57

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Toni the superhero is a beautiful, lesson rich children's book written for children between the ages of one and four by the author R.D.Base to help children learn to read. It has simple and repetitive language made up of words and sentences which were designed to be easy to memorize, learn and understand, it is meant to help foster a healthy reading culture in children.

Toni is a little boy who is a superhero and he enjoys doing mundane tasks with his friends and family, he takes his responsibilities very seriously, Toni is kind and caring to animals, his friends and his parents. Toni is not only a superhero, he is also a well behaved little boy that I'm sure makes everybody that knows him proud.

What I liked most about this book has to be the illustrations, they were beautiful and colourful with lively greens, and soft blues, pictures of sereneness that would stick to growing minds, and I also loved how Toni loved to help others and he genuinely seemed to enjoy it, whether it was saving cats or helping his mother in the kitchen, he always did it with all the superhero-ness he could muster, I also liked that even though Toni could fly (or he thought he could, because I'm not entirely sure he's a superhero) and other superhero stuff, it is always important to take care of all his non-superhero responsibilities too, I guess the avengers could learn something from him. :eusa-think:

What I liked least about this book would have to be nothing, I love everything the book is offering, I will have to keep the copy I have untill I have babies and read it to them, I feel like Toni could stand to have made me a better child, I think he even managed to make me a better adult. :D

I give this book a 4 out of 4 because it was well thought out and executed, and it had no grammatical or editing faults, this book was written for children younger than five but I think even children at five and six would enjoy it, I think it really might have a potential help children with learning disabilities, all round it is a good book with solid morals for children to gain, I'd like to pre-order copies of the sequels for the future too because I am now hooked on Toni.

Toni the Superhero
View: on Bookshelves

Like hadizasalisu's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”