Review by dudzilla17 -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
dudzilla17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dudzilla17.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Review by dudzilla17 -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by dudzilla17 » 01 Jul 2018, 08:26

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Toni: The Superhero
Written by: R.D. Base
Illustrated by: Debbie Hefke

The book is about Toni and the things he’s doing when he’s not saving the world. At first, I thought that this book is just other children’s book and it is. But if you will look at it in a different way you see something special. What I like about this book is the simplicity and the message it is giving to the readers and its illustrations. This book is for children ages 4 above who are just starting to read. This is a good book to read with parents who wants to start teaching their children how to read.

The illustration is very awesome as well. It is very vibrant in color and the pictures are very detailed in action. It will definitely attract, hook and encourage the children to read the book. It also gives children ideas how to properly act and how to do good things, and that doing chores is fun and enjoyable. It’s amazing how the book was written, it’s very simple yet there’s meaning and value in it. The sentences constructions are very easy to read and relatable to children.

I think this book also wants readers to know that being a superhero with extraordinary powers doesn’t mean that they are different from us. They are every bit the same with normal people, doing normal things. In deeper context, like normal people they have feelings, they have things that they love to do. They get hurt, sad, happy or angry. I very much admire the writer because the book was created because of her love for her children.

I’m already an adult but being able to read something like this helps me remember that in every simple things there’s a hidden treasure. It is definitely a treasure. I would highly recommend this book to parents mainly because they will be delighted to read this book to their children and will not get tired of it. I’m hoping that the writer will give us something more about the life of Toni.

I rate this 4 out of 4 stars. This book is clearly created with purpose and love. I love the fact that the writer wants to write something for her children. And the fact that it’s very short but full of meaning and lessons. Two thumbs up to the author for showing equality to her work (white or black, it doesn’t matter anyone can be superhero in their own little ways).

Toni the Superhero
View: on Bookshelves

Like dudzilla17's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”