Official Review: I Can See Peace by Julie Penshorn

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mary Garrison
Currently Reading: The Hiding Place
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-garrison.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Re: Official Review: I Can See Peace by Julie Penshorn

Post by Mary Garrison »

I agree with your 4 out of 4 rating, that's what I rated it when I reviewed it as well. I also loved so many aspects, the illustrations, the fact that it can relate to almost anyone, and the bonus parent section.
CheyenneR
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheyenner.html
Latest Review: World, Incorporated by Tom Gariffo

Post by CheyenneR »

I'm glad the author included some activities for the young readers to do and I love all of the inclusivity in the book.
Kavengi123
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Kavengi123 »

The book,I can see peace by Julie penshorn is very inspiring. As a person who values peace and has a special love to children, I found it interesting on learning how children grow trying to find peace in all ways and rediscover themselves. I could also picture myself when I was a kid.this book is quite helpful to potential parents
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

I like this book about how kids can find peace, as it will translate to peace to parents. I especially like the activities at the end of the book which kids can practice together. Great review.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Nimue by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Post by Kibet Hillary »

This is a must-read. The activities at the end of the book such as the book for recording moments of peace could be applicable to not only children but also families as indicated in the book. Eventually, the book could go along way into helping families too. Thanks for the enthralling review.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Rosemary Khathibe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-khathibe.html
Latest Review: Robotic Warriors by Caglar Juan Singletary

Post by Rosemary Khathibe »

The book that focuses on not only finding peace for oneself but for using peace to improve the world is a must read. I also want to find how emotional children are illustrated. Intriguing review!
Shas F
Currently Reading: Monsters in the Hallway
Bookshelf Size: 255
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shas-f.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by Shas F »

I Can See Peace is an illustrated work book about how children face and deal with conflict in their lives and try to achieve peace at the personal level. Congratulations to the author, Julie Penshorn! It's great to see books that mirror the challenges children face at home, in school and communities. Childhood is the most precious time of our lives. How we are formed during this period can impact an entire lifetime. A book that touches and provides positive thoughts and imagery on how kids can deal with stress at home (family problems, illness), in school (struggles to fit in and deal with bullying) and in the community (crime, danger) is a welcome addition to the Children's Books category. This book aims to help prepare kids to gradually see the larger imperfect world with problems but it's an encouraging, hopeful book that reinforces the importance of family and the community in helping kids achieve peace. This is a book not only for kids but also for parents, their teachers, social workers and community leaders. I agree with CataclysmicKnight that this book is addressed to many of us who overlook the need of kids to achieve peace in their daily lives and that the work book exercises "encourage creativity, learning and reflection."
Sumbule1
Currently Reading: The Five Musketeers
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sumbule1.html
Latest Review: Pancake Money by Finn Bell

Post by Sumbule1 »

books about finding peace and
all sorts of strategies and tactics for living a peaceful, calm and happy life.It forms part of my best novel about children protection and care.
DorcasToo
Currently Reading: Call Me Pomeroy
Bookshelf Size: 207
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dorcastoo.html
Latest Review: Tidal Pools by Robert Marier

Post by DorcasToo »

Children are human too and we need to realize that just like any being they also face stress. I like how the reviewer discusses the build-up of the book to the end. The author has tackled a very unique angle in this book and I can't wait to start reading it. Thanks for the beautiful review.
sszb
Favorite Book: Dear Mr. Knightley
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 170
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sszb.html
Latest Review: Uncle Yuta has an Adventure by Claire Youmans
Reading Device: B072V4HK9F

Post by sszb »

A wonderful book for children. An illustrated book presenting how kids go through different conflicts in their lives. This book can be read to children as a bedtime storybook. As it has a great impact on children mind as well as adults’ perceptions. Good work is done 💐💐👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
‏We’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one.”

‏ Middleton, Jacquelyn.
grace8031
Currently Reading: Rats on the train
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace8031.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by grace8031 »

In my view this book serves more to parents than kids. Most adults don't understand kids also get stressed we just yell and command not taking time to finding out why things are happening the way they do. The book is an enlightenment to understand kids more
ladycraic
Currently Reading: Natural Cures: Stay Healthy Naturally
Bookshelf Size: 239
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladycraic.html
Latest Review: When War Ends by Patricia Tomlin

Post by ladycraic »

I totally missed the fact that the illustrator used a few different styles to get the author’s message across! That is so cool :) Thanks for the review - I enjoyed this short story and I think it’s an excellent idea for children to grasp the concept of peace now, especially since they don’t always have the answers to life’s harshness.
asaltares
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 232

Post by asaltares »

An illustrated children's book with effortless and sing-songy rhymes that shows how emotional boys and girls of various ethnicities find peace in different situations that everyone can relate to. Finding peace for oneself and using peace to improve the world is part of the message this book has. Congratulations and thanks for the free copy.
Jgideon
Favorite Book: Gates to Tangier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jgideon.html
Latest Review: Sundays with Sister ssj by Anthony Happy LaRiccia

Post by Jgideon »

The book sounds really interesting. The illustrations that the author used make it even more enjoyable especially for children. I will definitely read this one.
P Reefer
Favorite Book: The Lost Identity Casualties
Currently Reading: De Facto Feminisn
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-p-reefer.html
Latest Review: The McCoys Before The Feud by Thomas McCoy

Post by P Reefer »

This sounds like a fantastic children's book that teaches great values to both children and their parents.

Return to “Children's Books”