Official Review: I Can See Peace by Julie Penshorn

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
jemgirl202
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 870
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jemgirl202.html
Latest Review: My Angel My Hero by Brenda E. Mcdaniel

Re: Official Review: I Can See Peace by Julie Penshorn

Post by jemgirl202 »

This sounds like a lovely children's book. Children need to have peace and learn to practice peace as well. Congrats on the book of the day! Great review!
chelhack
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 381
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelhack.html
Latest Review: E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by chelhack »

I believe that this will be a good book for all people young and old to read. I think that this is a great subject and or topic to write about. As an adult I know the feeling of not needing and at very rare moments being able to find peace on a multitude of different levels. Yet, I do not believe that I have ever really thought about children needing their peace as well. This as opened up my mind and I eyes.
Chelsea N. Hackett
kemp1kor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kemp1kor.html
Latest Review: Temptation Trials Revolution by B. Truly
Reading Device: B00GNKRFEA

Post by kemp1kor »

It looks like there’s a lot to love about this book! I especially appreciate books geared toward children that are inclusive and show that it’s okay to be different. I believe that in itself can help a child find some peace.
jennyd2003
Currently Reading: Kind Nepenthe
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennyd2003.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler

Post by jennyd2003 »

Good review. Until my daughter was suicidal, I didn't think about how much kids need peace. I think this book could be useful to all. I don't think it stops at 18. The beauty of this one lets it expand even further to where I think even adults could learn from it. Wonderful Job!
tarafarah7
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1437
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

How lucky are we that today's BOTD is free?!!! Woohoo! In addition to the positive themes, I love that this book promotes diversity - so important! This would make a wonderful addition to any home or classroom library; kids (and adults) need more books just like this. Thank you for your review and keep up the great work! I'm off to read this one before bed! :-)
Charmaine_216
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by Charmaine_216 »

Very interesting! I did not think kids need peace but they do just like adults do! I am sure for parents with young kids, this would be quite insightful and informative. Good read!
Nandy
Currently Reading: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
Bookshelf Size: 170

Post by Nandy »

Wonderful review, I like this book as it is very child friendly and simple to read and there are also many beautiful illustrations. I do believe that this is a great way to teach kids about peace.
Moddesser Elahi
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Power of Now
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moddesser-elahi.html
Latest Review: Then Comes The Flood by John Payne

Post by Moddesser Elahi »

I sampled the book on Amazon. It is a beautifully illustrated book with minimal text. This book is focussed more on children and is also created in a way which could connect with a child in their early years. They can always come back to the book to get motivated at times when it seems that their peace is being disrupted by any means. Cheers :) :)
PANACEA - Please do not overvalue your body and mind! Just be life! :dance:
Felineawino
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Felineawino »

RE: Official Review: I Can See Peace by Julie Penshorn

Great review. I believe this book will surely change the life of both parents and their kids positive. It is well elaborated and understandable on things parent should do to give their children peace of mind after a long struggles from school, stress and also sickness.
Ricky 7
Currently Reading: The Cult Next Door
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ricky-7.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Ricky 7 »

Wow never thought of that for sure. I'm impressed with the review and of course the book itself. I love childrens book and this will make me love them even more.
CatlynnHighlights
Currently Reading: Infinite Jest
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catlynnhighlights.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by CatlynnHighlights »

The inclusivity in this book is great, it's always nice to start teaching kids that you can get along with those that are different from you. Your description of the illustrations almost makes me want to read the book. I love art, and in a book with such a positive message it is a double bonus.
Comment on my review and I'll comment on yours. I'm always looking for new books to read!

"..one may smile, and smile, and be a villain." - Shakespeare
Samy Lax
Currently Reading: 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samy-lax.html
Latest Review: Chats with God in Underwear by Eduardo Chapunoff

Post by Samy Lax »

I find each and every page in this book to be extraordinarily good. The book will help parents gain a better understanding of how to treat children in the light of all the stress that the little ones face daily.
“...in principle and reality, libraries are life-enhancing palaces of wonder.”
― Gail Honeyman, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1902
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

In the 'Official Review: I Can See Peace by Julie Penshorn', I like the description of the boys and girls looking for peace. Every part of the story is explained exquisitely one after another. The introduction as well as ending is good!
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

I'm delighted by this book and the author's work. Her interest in providing a world of exploration in the children's mind about different cultures and conditions in life is exquisite. Seem like a resourceful for the kids and I'm pleased with this review. Thank you for your review!
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 86063">Are you afraid of the dark</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 868
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickie-noel.html
Latest Review: Modern Day Cowboy by Nathaniel Sheft
Reading Device: B01C9JZEBO

Post by Vickie Noel »

I appreciate the author's thoughtfulness in creating a book for children highlighting peace. Sometimes, we forget that they need it too! And the fact that it portrays multiculturalism is quite generous of the author. I look forward to discussing it with my classroom kids. Thanks for the review.
Stop waiting for what you WANT, start working with what you HAVE. --- Seth Cain
Never be bullied into questioning your own credibility. --- Vickie Noel

Return to “Children's Books”