Official Review: I Can See Peace by Julie Penshorn

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Re: Official Review: I Can See Peace by Julie Penshorn

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

It sounds an interesting book for children where they have been exhibited as doing different Peaceful activities. Great review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
PriyankaBhowmick
Favorite Book: Damn the cancer
Currently Reading: The Face of Fear
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyanka-bhowmick.html
Latest Review: White Night by J.J. Holt

Post by PriyankaBhowmick »

I Can See Peace by Julie Penshorn- children are the main root of our future generation.so we need to make this root strong and for making this rook strong we need to take proper guidance. This book helps us to find out the right way to teach them. This will be a great book for guardians mainly who pressurized their children to take the highest place in this rat race of life or job and in other things. I really like this book.
Saeediqbal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saeediqbal.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Saeediqbal »

Marvellous effort by author to introduce peace to children but most important section is for parents as they will guide young bees to peace .An excellent effort .
Pammy57
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pammy57.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles

Post by Pammy57 »

A much needed book for children who are experiencing far more stress in their daily lives as the pace of living speeds up. A book that allows parents to interact with their children in a positive way. Love the review and agree with Julie that the illustrations are exceptional.
jaliper
Currently Reading: The Healer
Bookshelf Size: 598

Post by jaliper »

I've always been fond of children's books especially if it has illustrations. This looks like a story that children and adults like me, will love. Thanks for sharing your review.
OloladeO
Currently Reading: The Michael Project
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ololadeo.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by OloladeO »

I love children's books and their illustrations. I like that everyone can relate to this book and that tribe, abnormalities, illness, etc, is not a barrier. I bet this would be a great book as I see this book being a manual for kids to ascertain peace in varying circumstances. Congrats to the author for winning BOTD.
Julehart1
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julehart1.html
Latest Review: Killing Time ... Physics, Lust and Greed Series Book 3 by Mike Murphey

Post by Julehart1 »

I love the idea behind this book. It’s true between all the schoolwork, homework, and activities children need to find their peace too. I like how it helps kids with that, and that parents get a section, and can read this with their children. I also love the artwork. Thanks for your review.
Angeleve88
Currently Reading: It Strikes Again
Bookshelf Size: 615

Post by Angeleve88 »

My kids love it as I read this to them. This book is so helpful to us mothers.
Thank you to the author.
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

Thanks for the thorough review! Yes, it never occurred to me that children's life might also require peace, in fact it is very important for them to cultivate a peaceful attitude since childhood. I am glad that this book addresses this issue. I especially like the idea of 'I spy' and 'peace journal'.
Ravinder+Kaur
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ravinder-kaur.html
Latest Review: Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann
Reading Device: Kindle

Post by Ravinder+Kaur »

Thanks for the detailed review. I liked the concept of the book-- teaching them young. The dire need of today that is still alluding us as adults, peace, can be taught to kids through the various emotions- filled illustrations in the book.
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 378
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Keys to Healthy Communication by Bobby R Patton,Rusalyn H Andrews and Jennifer Page Daily
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

I noticed the satisfying full-page illustrations and the diversity in the sample. I like the idea of discussing different aspects with kids and of having a family peace journal. It's interesting that peace is the one overarching concept the book focuses on, as opposed to love or kindness. Thanks for a comprehensive review.
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
Aditi1992
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aditi1992.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Aditi1992 »

The review made me believe that fairytales books for kids is so mainstream. This book is so perfect for children to read. How should they be peaceful and calm in their own difficult world and give that peace to others as well. This is really a wonderful read.
Flowers123
Favorite Book: McDowell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flowers123.html
Latest Review: Fragments by Bruce K. Berger

Post by Flowers123 »

It seems the author utilized some psychological techniques that suit children best, in creating this masterpiece. What a wonderful idea. It's difficult to surrender oneself to professional prying especially when it has to do with issues concerning peace. Not to mention seeking peace for children. With the help of this DIY book, both parents and children will be able to get help, following what is taught in the book. Great review, .thanks.
Mr2swain2020
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mr2swain2020 »

It will be a great Privilege for any kid to have closer look on this book to develop their state of mind. Hmmn what a meaningful review.

Return to “Children's Books”