Official Review: Imelda Keeps a Promise

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
JessNWheeler
Favorite Author: Ruth Rendell
Currently Reading: The Girl Next Door: A Novel
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessnwheeler.html
Latest Review: Growing Up in the Dragonfly Zone by Marlana DeMarco Hogan
Reading Device: B075QN8NDH
fav_author_id: 3998

Official Review: Imelda Keeps a Promise

Post by JessNWheeler »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Imelda Keeps a Promise" by Charlene M. Campanella.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Armand knew that the rope was strong enough to hold Cooper’s weight, but most likely, it would not hold his own. Still, he would have to quickly work out a solution because a hawk was circling overhead. Author Charlene Campanella tells a suspenseful story in Imelda Keeps a Promise: The Adventures of Imelda Lucille and Armand Francis.

Imelda Lucille could not help feeling sad when she was unable to go on a camping adventure with her dear friend Armand. Imelda Lucille had made a promise to her Uncle Wilfred. She was going to help him with his yard work that weekend. Armand Francis had been taught to take at least one buddy on a camping adventure. Cooper Sebastian would accompany him on the adventure. Armand Francis and Cooper Sebastian were such close buddies that Armand Francis often forgot that he was a dog.

Imelda Lucille, Uncle Wilfred, and Aunt Maggie spring into action when they receive a phone call from Mrs. McGinley. Armand Francis had not come home from the camping adventure and she was seriously concerned. Imelda Lucille and Uncle Wilfred lift off in 47 Charlie to search for their dear friends with a bird’s-eye view.

This was an enjoyable book to read. The story is rich with moments of relaxation and thrilling suspense. The animals in this story are supporting characters. The human characters are true animal lovers, and they show it often throughout the story. This book is great fun from the first page to the last.

This is a well-written and well-organized book. There are no grammatical errors throughout the text. The story comfortably flows from one scene to the next making it pleasant to read.

Illustrations are a vital part of any children’s book. Sierra Frantz illustrated this book. These illustrations breathe life into the story. Each picture is beautifully colored and very well executed. Each character's illustration gives them a bright and engaging personality.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The story is fun and entertaining with interesting, relatable characters. Parents and teachers would enjoy reading this book to or with children ages five to twelve. This book is beautifully illustrated. The pictures will engage and delight young readers. This is a well-written story with a purpose. The themes and lessons of the importance of keeping promises, optimism, and spending quality time with family and friends are clear and presented in an understandable way.

Imelda Keeps a Promise
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like JessNWheeler's review? Post a comment saying so!
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar Wilde
LaurenHaupt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurenhaupt.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by LaurenHaupt »

Has a pretty cover to it. Sounds like an interesting book to read to my kids. Nice review.
:techie-studyingbrown:
Miranda Smith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Miranda Smith »

I love this book my kids enjoy it very much.
Marissa Michael
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 585
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-michael.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Marissa Michael »

The cover does justice to the contents of the book. Plus, when the characters are animal lovers! This will surely be a thrilling read to the children thus will inspire them to enjoy the bliss of reading.
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
daniya__shah3
Currently Reading: Wuthering Heights
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniya-shah3.html
Latest Review: Lonely Expiation by Siegfried Finser

Post by daniya__shah3 »

This sounds like a cute book. I'm instantly captivated to book which have animals as supporting characters.
"We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar Wilde
strawberrysab
Currently Reading: The Keeper of Lost Things
Bookshelf Size: 161
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-strawberrysab.html
Latest Review: Maddy's Wings by Jan porter

Post by strawberrysab »

This is definitely a book my little pest would love to read. Thanks for your review!
Berry :wine:
kfwilson6
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kfwilson6 »

I like that one of the lessons is keeping promises. I can't say I've seen that as a lesson in many children's books. This sounds like a nice story.
T_Elizabeth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by T_Elizabeth »

The cover was the first thing to catch my eye. However, the first paragraph of your review is what sold the book to me. I will definitely be reading this book so I can find out what happens!

Return to “Children's Books”