Review by Shadow Writer -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Shadow Writer
Currently Reading: The Warramunga's War
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shadow-writer.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Review by Shadow Writer -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Shadow Writer » 25 Jun 2018, 10:38

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Employing simple sentences in books can inculcate a reading habit in younger children, and this would be propagated with the aid of illustrations. Toni the Superhero is a children's book written by R.D. Base. She is a mother of three young boys. This book was illustrated by Debbie Hefke.

This adventure revolves round the life of a little boy named Toni. He was the main character in this story and also a superhero. He did various activities parallel to the behaviour attributed to superheroes. Toni was presented as a happy and diligent boy. His character will not only impact on the lives of children, but they would also see him as a role model.

Toni was a credible character in this story. Considering the actvities performed by him, he would be warmly accepted by readers especially tender children. Because Toni exhibited a diligent and cheerful character, his adventure was free of troubles. His character would pose to be captivating for most children. When I was younger, I would relate to Toni's character in this book. I can remember being passionate about house chores and also trying out other outdoors activities. Most young children would also relate to his character, because he portrayed most of their daily activities.

Several tools were employed by the author in other to deliver her message to young children. This tale of Toni was written to cultivate a reading habit in children. It was intended for children between the ages of zero to four years. It was written in simple sentences, and this would make an average child to understand the intended message. The sentences in this book can also be used as a platform to teach young children how to construct simple sentences. The illustrations presented in this book would also make them to crave for more pages of this book. Because Toni was presented as a little boy, it would make little children to be drawn to his adventures.

I like Toni's attire in this book. It would be welcomed by readers, and his cheerful activities in this book will refect on the moral behaviour of a child. Furthermore, illustrations presented in this book would drive the intended message deep down the minds of readers. I can't pick out anything I didn't like about this book. The author did well, and this will surely be of a great benefit to younger children. I didn't encounter any error in the course of reading this book.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It would be of a great benefit to young children, and the illustrations in this book would hook them. I would recommend this book to young children because it would improve their reading skills.

Toni the Superhero
View: on Bookshelves

Like Shadow Writer's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”