Official Review: Rory Aqua Adventure Man by Michelle Path

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Espie
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Re: Official Review: Rory Aqua Adventure Man by Michelle Path

Post by Espie »

Christina Rose wrote: โ†‘01 Jul 2018, 02:45
Espie wrote: โ†‘30 Jun 2018, 07:33
Christina Rose wrote: โ†‘30 Jun 2018, 03:31

Thank you for taking the time to read my review, and for sharing your feedback! I hope youโ€™ll check out the book :)
No worries. My two boys are no longer within your recommended age group (they're 12 and 16). It's too early to say anuthing for my future grandkids, too.๐Ÿ˜Š Nonetheless, thank you. I really love happy endings.โค๏ธ
This ending has a bit of a twist, but it's happy nonetheless. :)
I'd always look forward to the happy part. Cheers.๐Ÿ˜Š
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs
LaurenHaupt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurenhaupt.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by LaurenHaupt »

This book reminds me of Toy Story, Nemo, and Corduroy all into one. I hope it had a happy ending! Sounds like a book my kids would enjoy.
:techie-studyingbrown:
Christina Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christina-rose.html
Latest Review: The Last Leaf to Fall by Amy M. Watson
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Christina Rose »

LaurenHaupt wrote: โ†‘07 Jul 2018, 09:57 This book reminds me of Toy Story, Nemo, and Corduroy all into one. I hope it had a happy ending! Sounds like a book my kids would enjoy.
I haven't seen Corduroy, but you're right. It's similar to both Toy Story and Finding Nemo, which I enjoyed. It does have a happy ending, although not exactly what I had pictured. If you share it with your kids, I hope you all enjoy the story! Thank you for your feedback! :)
julessawyer
Currently Reading: The Lost Continent
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julessawyer.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by julessawyer »

The plot was good although similar to toy story. I think this will make it to my to read list and I would probably recommend this to my niece and nephews. Thanks for your review. :)
Christina Rose
Currently Reading:

Post by Christina Rose »

julessawyer wrote: โ†‘09 Jul 2018, 10:10 The plot was good although similar to toy story. I think this will make it to my to read list and I would probably recommend this to my niece and nephews. Thanks for your review. :)
Yes, it is similar to Toy Story, which I enjoyed as well. Thanks for taking time to read my review, and for sharing your thoughts. :)
julessawyer

Post by julessawyer »

Christina Rose wrote: โ†‘10 Jul 2018, 02:39
julessawyer wrote: โ†‘09 Jul 2018, 10:10 The plot was good although similar to toy story. I think this will make it to my to-read list and I would probably recommend this to my niece and nephews. Thanks for your review. :)
Yes, it is similar to Toy Story, which I enjoyed as well. Thanks for taking time to read my review, and for sharing your thoughts. :)
I think I watch only one installation of the movie series. The movie made me cry. I longed for my toys. I could not go back so I'm making sure to teach my nephews and niece about the lesson I learned.
I'm trying to read about children's book reviews to learn from others. I recently wrote one myself. I learned from your review! :)
Christina Rose
Currently Reading:

Post by Christina Rose »

julessawyer wrote: โ†‘10 Jul 2018, 19:03
julessawyer wrote: โ†‘09 Jul 2018, 10:10 The plot was good although similar to toy story. I think this will make it to my to-read list and I would probably recommend this to my niece and nephews. Thanks for your review. :)
I think I watch only one installation of the movie series. The movie made me cry. I longed for my toys. I could not go back so I'm making sure to teach my nephews and niece about the lesson I learned.
I'm trying to read about children's book reviews to learn from others. I recently wrote one myself. I learned from your review! :)
I'm glad you were able to learn something from my review. :) Children's books are fun to review, but can occasionally be a bit difficult for some reason.
JR Mercier
Favorite Book: The Bear and the Nightingale
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jr-mercier.html
Latest Review: Betrayal by Maggie Walsh

Post by JR Mercier »

It's Toy Story come in a book! This sounds like such a great read. Thank you for the thorough review.
Dream up something wild and improbable.
-Strange The Dreamer, Laini Taylor
Christina Rose
Currently Reading:

Post by Christina Rose »

JR Mercier wrote: โ†‘11 Jul 2018, 03:50 It's Toy Story come in a book! This sounds like such a great read. Thank you for the thorough review.
Thank you! It was a fun read. :)
julessawyer

Post by julessawyer »

Christina Rose wrote: โ†‘11 Jul 2018, 03:48

I'm glad you were able to learn something from my review. :) Children's books are fun to review, but can occasionally be a bit difficult for some reason.
Yes! thank YOU! That is actually true. It has some difficulty. I love illustrations and children are hard to please. It is either they like or they don't. Author for children's books are among the smartest people. :)
Christina Rose
Currently Reading:

Post by Christina Rose »

julessawyer wrote: โ†‘11 Jul 2018, 05:04
Christina Rose wrote: โ†‘11 Jul 2018, 03:48

Yes! thank YOU! That is actually true. It has some difficulty. I love illustrations and children are hard to please. It is either they like or they don't. Author for children's books are among the smartest people. :)
I agree! There is definitely a lot to consider when writing a book for children. Youโ€™re not just offering entertainment most of the time. Youโ€™re also typically offering an educational opportunity and maybe even a moral lesson.
booklysis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booklysis.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by booklysis »

Almost all children are imaginary. So, I think they are gonna love this. Great review!

Return to โ€œChildren's Booksโ€