Review by Galideon -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Galideon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-galideon.html
Latest Review: Real Secrets Of Life by Krishna Jagarnath

Review by Galideon -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Galideon » 24 Jun 2018, 16:43

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Toni the Superhero is a fantastic book for little children. The book is about a boy named Toni. In the book, he shows the reader what he likes doing. There are many things he likes doing like eating, sleeping and doing things for others as well like helping them and sweeping.

The book has little text, but many pictures. The pictures are wonderfully drawn by Debbie Hefke. There are no stories in the book, but instead, there are short sentences written in it that describe what Toni is doing or what he likes doing. He is being called a Superhero because of all the things he likes doing and because he behaves well. This last fact might be a little difficult to find out as a kid, but there the parents can help a little in a positive way. They might even always refer to this character Toni by saying things like: 'you remember what Toni did? It made him a Superhero.' to support their own children in doing chores and behaving well.

What I really like about this book is that there is that children can let their fantasies go all the way. The pictures are so well drawn that a child might even make up their own stories. This is a great way of letting children work out their own fantasies and make up their own story. Then again, the story is good for just looking at the beautiful coloured pictures as well. This makes the book perfect for children to read along with their parents or just by looking at it all by themselves.

What I dislike about the book is that there isn't more story in the book. It's good that the child can use its own imagination for the story, but it would have been nice if there was more story in the book that tells little more about the main character Toni and why he can be considered a Superhero.

The book is perfect for very young children and their parents to read. It's good to help them develop words and to tell their own stories. It's also perfect to help them understand short sentences. I do believe this is a very good book to start reading with at an early age. It's perfect, so I rate it 4 out of 4 stars. I don't rate it lower because I just think it's perfectly written and illustrated.

Toni the Superhero
View: on Bookshelves

Like Galideon's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”