Review by CMWendt -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
CMWendt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cmwendt.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Review by CMWendt -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by CMWendt » 18 Jun 2018, 11:31

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Toni The Superhero by R.D. Base

This book is amazing. You could tell that the author really loves to write children’s books. RD Base spent time writing every word to be amazing for young readers. The dedication of the book is to the authors family who was the inspiration for the Toni the Superhero book collection, the rest of which are coming soon.

Toni The Superhero is a great book that can help kids learn to read. It also shows kids that reading and doing chores is fun and something that you should do. I love the way that Toni encourages kids by showing them that helping do stuff can make you a hero.

Kids who love superheroes would love this book because of Toni, who is in a superhero costume throughout the whole book. The full color illustrations go well with the book. It also will keep kids entertained and engaged with the story throughout the duration of the book. The words on the pages are large enough that kids will have no trouble reading the words but they are not too big that they take away from the illustrations on the pages considering the sentences are only four words long. The words aren’t hard to pronounce either.

My recommendation is for kids 2-5 maybe even 6 because the story will captivate them and once they start learning to read it will keep their interest as well. I don’t think that older children such as 9 and 10 will enjoy this nook as much, if at all, because they would be able to read it really fast and there is not much to keep their interest for as long as it would keep the interest of a 2-5 or 6 year old. Although they will be able to read it to their younger siblings.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I gave it this because it is well written, no mistakes, colorful, interesting for young readers, and it can also help kids learn to read. Being able to read is one of the best things that you can help your child do. With a book like this you can be sure that they are learning with a colorful, engaging, helpful book that will teach them to be helpful and that they can be a hero by helping. I can’t wait to read the next books that R.D. Base writes.

Toni the Superhero
View: on Bookshelves

Like CMWendt's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”