Review by Kaylenahatch -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Kaylenahatch
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaylenahatch.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Review by Kaylenahatch -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Kaylenahatch » 06 Jun 2018, 15:45

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

It seems every child wishes upon a star that they could grow up and become a super hero. They want to fight bad guys and save the day from disaster. Children choose its super power very carefully, usually from their super hero ideal. Some are going to choose super strength, flying, or super speed. While some might decide on freeze ray, invisible, or x-ray vision. Then it will be what their secret identity will look like. The colors they choose, cape or no cape, and what their mask will look like express all their personalities. All children just want to be a super hero to help others. And Toni the Superhero does just that and more.

Toni is just like any other kid with the mind to become a super hero. He has a wonderful super hero outfit with a cape and big T right on the front. He has gloves, boots, and a mask to hide his identity. Toni is not just an ordinary super hero, he doesn’t go around the city saving lives and fighting crime, he helps his mom at home.

He loves helping with chores and playing outside with friends. He does lots of things to help his mom, like dusting, sweeping, and dishes. Toni also likes singing, dancing, and reading. He helps rescue animals from trees, swims, jumps, and plays with his friends. You can feel the big heart Toni has right from the book.

The illustrations in this book are amazing. Children learning how to read will have a wonderful time looking at the pictures are following the simple 3-4 word sentences. The colors are very bright and entertaining. You know exactly what is going on in each picture without having to read the sentence first. Infants and toddlers will also love this book because of the illustrations will stand out and they will be able to point to bright colors and objects on the page.

I give this book a 4 out of 4 stars because this book is very simple. It’s a great book for children who are learning to read and have the amazing pictures to help them form the words. There are no spelling or grammar errors and this picture book is very entertaining to both children and adults. I would defiantly recommend this book to anyone in my friends or family and anyone with an infant or child learning to read. They are going to love this book and learn you can be a super hero by doing everyday things.

Toni the Superhero
View: on Bookshelves

Like Kaylenahatch's review? Post a comment saying so!

BriennaiJ
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briennaij.html
Latest Review: If life stinks get your head outta your buts by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by BriennaiJ » 07 Jun 2018, 08:19

This book sounds adorable, I will definitely check it out. Even as a mostly YA reader, I love to relax and just read a cute picture book from time to time.

Bookmermaid
2018 Reading Goal: 24
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 200
Currently Reading: Will on the Hill
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookmermaid.html
Latest Review: The Ultimate Island by Amit Offir

Post by Bookmermaid » 25 Jun 2018, 18:25

Well this review basically covers the whole book, I liked your introduction.

amsula_2018
2018 Reading Goal: 30
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 60
Favorite Book: Angels & Demons
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amsula-2018.html
Latest Review: The Traveler's Best Seller by Rick Incorvia

Post by amsula_2018 » 30 Sep 2018, 05:46

I have read this book and it is a great book for children that are only starting to read. Great review! 😊
"If you can't reduce your argument to a few crisp words and phrases,
there's something wrong with your argument." ~ M. Saatchi

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”