Review by llpwap -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
llpwap
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-llpwap.html
Latest Review: Betrayal of Faith by Mark M. Bello

Review by llpwap -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by llpwap » 04 Jun 2018, 09:16

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base is about a young boy that lives his life as a superhero. Toni the Superhero is not your typical comic book style children’s book. Each page has only one short sentence that describes what Toni is doing at the time. Toni doesn’t fight villains. Instead he shows his super hero powers by caring, helping, and sharing.

There are a lot of kids today that don’t understand the meaning of go outside and play. They would much prefer playing on their phone, tablet, or playstation4. The users of these items are getting younger and younger every year. I know a child, which at the age of three knew how to operate a smart phone better than I did. It was refreshing to see the main character doing things that did not involve technology.

I also love the fact that this story depicts not only a child, but a male child, helping with household chores. The illustrations show that Toni is having fun while helping his mother do the chores. I think this will prompt young children to do things by themselves as well. Just the simple act of picking up and putting away their toys would be helpful to any parent.

Debbie Hefke does a wonderful job on the illustrations of this book. She provides vivid and colorful pictures of each action that Toni is accomplishing. I could easily imagine a parent using this book to help their child learn colors as well as learning to read.

There isn’t anything that I disliked about this book or the illustrations. I think the author and illustrator done a wonderful job on all of it. I hope that they continue to work together on other books.

This book was dedicated to the author’s family for being her inspiration. She has three children of her own. She has been an avid reader since childhood. I think that her children and her enjoyment for reading are what inspired her to write this book, so that it could help other parents with their children. Parenthood is a hard job and I think she has created a wonderful way for parents to start molding their child’s mind so that they may become well-rounded responsible adults. She is planning more books about Toni and I am sure that they will be as good as this one is.

I really enjoyed reading this book from a parental prospective. This is a great tool for teaching children that they can do more than sit and watch television or play video games. For that reason I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.

I would recommend this book to any person that has a small child in their care. The educational value alone is reason enough for a parent or guardian to pick it up and read to their child.

Toni the Superhero
View: on Bookshelves

Like llpwap's review? Post a comment saying so!

Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: Call Her Miss Ross
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Fozia-Bajwa » 30 Sep 2018, 15:37

IIPWAP you have chosen a new idea for the completion of your review and that is the one: a male child is helping in his home activities to his mother like in the kitchen and other household activities. so it is a great idea for the construction of mind of the children for helping others especially the male child.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”