Review by Rabbitearsblog_10 -- Toni the Superhero

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rabbitearsblog_10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rabbitearsblog-10.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Review by Rabbitearsblog_10 -- Toni the Superhero

Post by Rabbitearsblog_10 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Since superhero movies are becoming the norm nowadays, of course there has got to be a children’s book that deals with superheroes (or in this case, a child who becomes a superhero). I just recently picked up this children’s book called Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base along with artwork by Debbie Hefke and it was quite a cute read!

Meet Toni! He is a superhero and even though he occasionally saves the world, he enjoys doing normal activities such as reading, drawing, playing with his friends and cleaning house. Join Toni as you get to see what other activities he does besides saving the world!

R.D. Base’s writing is adorable to read through as we get to see Toni do many activities, whether it is reading books, playing with his friends or helping his mother clean around the house. I like the fact that this book focused on Toni’s more normal activities rather than any kind of super heroics because it makes the book relatable to children who also enjoy doing many activities like playing with their friends or cleaning around the house. Debbie Hefke’s artwork is also adorable to look at as all the characters have large and colorful eyes and are always looking so happy in each scene. I also loved the look of Toni’s superhero suit as it is modeled after Superman’s iconic suit and it is shown as being in a light green color with a blue and yellow “T” stigma on his chest.

The reason why I gave this book a three-star rating was because I felt that the book was a bit too short. Now, I know that this book is geared towards small children, but I would have liked to see Toni do more activities in this book to stretch out the story a bit more.

Overall, I gave Toni the Superhero 3 out of 4 stars, due to the fact that the story was a bit too short and I wished that they expanded more on Toni's activities to make the story a bit longer. However, it is a truly adorable children’s book about being a superhero in a unique way and this book would definitely be a great read for children who want to be a superhero by helping out their friends and family! I would recommend this book to children ages 3 and up since there is nothing inappropriate in this book.

Toni the Superhero
View: on Bookshelves

Like Rabbitearsblog_10's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”