Review by Madhu14 -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Madhu14
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madhu14.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Review by Madhu14 -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Madhu14 » 03 Jun 2018, 23:30

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Toni The Superhero is a book for young beginner readers. It is about a superhero and what he likes to do when he's not busy saving the world. Toni is the name of the superhero in this book. On every page, it shows the superhero doing a new act. It’s about a superhero performing ordinary activities like reading, drawing, playing with kids, etc. Like a typical child having fun with other kids.

Toni The Superhero is written by R.D. Base and illustrated by Debbie Hefke. The author compiled the book in a simplistic way for kids. The book is illustrated wonderfully with brightly colored pictures. At this early age, when kids are beginning to read, they are captivated more by images. They try to understand the meaning of the words or sentences by correlating from the pictures.

I loved how the book shows a superhero participating in ordinary day to day activities and enjoying genuinely. Kids generally adore superheroes and try to imitate them all the time. I feel that kids feel like a superhero themselves participating in ordinary acts like reading, eating, helping, etc. as Toni. It also helps build up the confidence in kids. It teaches them you don’t need to take part in extraordinary activities to be a hero. You can be a hero by performing regular acts. You can be a hero by helping in the home. You can be a hero by playing with your friends. You can be a hero by rescuing animals.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because it’s a fantastic book for little readers. The book has a single sentence on every page explaining what Toni likes to do. It’s the same sentence repeating on every page with only a slight change in the last word. It encourages the young readers to learn new words and simple sentence structure. I appreciated the author’s approach in this book. How she used a superhero character to prepare kids to pursue ordinary activities. Kids tend to relate themselves to superheroes.

By using this book as a bedtime storybook, parents can teach their kids to assist them with ordinary household chores, helping others, making them feel like a superhero. Kids love to read this book again and again as they generally love superhero stories.

Toni the superhero is one of the first series by the author. The author is planning to release a few more books in the Toni series. Little readers will absolutely enjoy these books.

Toni the Superhero
View: on Bookshelves

Like Madhu14's review? Post a comment saying so!

aremu malik
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by aremu malik » 10 Jun 2018, 17:55

This story looks like it for kids but it really one of best books I have read. I rate it 4 of 4

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”