Review by Sitowise -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Sitowise
Currently Reading: World, Incorporated
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sitowise.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Review by Sitowise -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Sitowise » 01 Jun 2018, 10:43

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Toni the Superhero is a children's book written by R.D. Base. The book was illustrated by Debbie Hefke. Reading becomes fun to children when it hooks them and this is often achieved by employing illustrations. This book was carved in a way that an average child would be drawn to it.

This book focused on the life of a superhero named Toni. Though Toni was a superhero, he engaged in numerous activities that a child could relate to. Illustrations were the main tool employed in order to capture the minds of readers. This book was written in simple sentences. How good can a superhero be in doing ordinary things?

This book will be captivating for most children since they like tales of superheroes. Though it was intended for children between the ages of zero to four years, I think older children would pick interest in it. Considering the activities performed by Toni, good attitudes were portrayed for children to adopt. Hence, the author presented Toni as a role model for children. The tale of Toni was crafted to propagate the reading habit of a child. Toni's attire as a superhero would trigger acceptance and interest in the mind's of young readers. I think a little description of Toni's background would have also helped to capture the attention of a child. For instance, "Toni lives in the neighbourhood", this would present Toni to be in the same environment and circumstance with the child.

"Toni is a little boy with extraordinary powers, but he likes to do ordinary things too!". Since an average child would like to be a superhero, he or she will have the impression that doing ordinary things like Toni would also make him or her a superhero. Thus, this would make a child to be drawn to the ordinary things Toni did in this book which stretched from house chores to exercise, therefore it would reflect on the moral and intellectual abilities of a child.

I like the illustrations presented in this book, it would drive the intended message deep down the minds of readers. Furthermore, it would make readers to crave for more pages of this book. Since this book was intended for
younger children, the author did an excellent job as she portrayed Toni as a little boy.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars , it would accomplish it's intended objective which is to inculcate a reading habit in younger children. I didn't encounter any error in the course of reading this book. I recommend this book to young children especially those aiming to develop a reading

Toni the Superhero
View: on Bookshelves

Like Sitowise's review? Post a comment saying so!

Brittany J
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brittany-j.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Brittany J » 02 Jun 2018, 12:09

Nice review. I read this book and agree this is a great book to introduce reading to children.

Ogundare Israel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Ogundare Israel » 09 Jun 2018, 15:36

This book is a very nice one I recommend it for every child

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”