Official Review: Anna and the Snowglobe by Vicki Jones

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Re: Official Review: Anna and the Snowglobe by Vicki Jones

Post by kandscreeley »

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the author's take on this subject. It's definitely something that should be addressed more.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
inaramid
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Siege and Storm
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inaramid.html
Latest Review: The Fourth Kinetic by Brady Moore

Post by inaramid »

What an interesting premise for a...middle-grade book? From the cover, I was expecting a sort of classic, old-fashioned story :). I agree with you on the editing, considering the target audience. Thanks for another great review!
Ahmadmoh86
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ahmadmoh86 »

like that people take on the challenge of writing these kinds of books. It can be hard to write something that educates, draws a reader in, and entertains. It sounds like the author managed this well. It really is such a shame about the editing errors. I sure hope the author takes the time to fix them. Great review.
holsam_87
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 1691
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-holsam-87.html
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by holsam_87 »

A great teaching tool since bullying is happening way too often. Perhaps maybe having the reader read and discuss it with someone after each chapter would be the best idea? That way differentiating between fact and fiction could be done better.
Samantha Holtsclaw

“We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.”

—J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
revna01
Currently Reading: Storm Front
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revna01.html
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Post by revna01 »

Bullying and anxiety are huge issues for kids these days and it definitely needs to be addressed. I'm glad you mention the vocabulary and the ideal she group for readers. Thanks for a great review!
Riszell
Currently Reading: The Vanished
Bookshelf Size: 1041
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riszell.html
Latest Review: Chancing Hope by Lisa Slater

Post by Riszell »

This book has great theme and relevant topics though I still wonder about the snowglobe in the title.
Kemunto lucy
Currently Reading: It's Easier to Dance
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kemunto-lucy.html
Latest Review: Korian by Giorgio Garofalo

Post by Kemunto lucy »

The book will help children uphold their self-esteem even when they face bullying and rejection. Thanks for the review.
LaurenHaupt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurenhaupt.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by LaurenHaupt »

Great review. I hope this book helps children get through tough times.
:techie-studyingbrown:
Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 263
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Fozia-Bajwa »

I read the review of the book Anna and the Snowglobe by Vicki Jones. This is the story of a girl Anna and David. David is well-wisher of Anna. Anna suffers from the hardships created by her relatives after the death of her parents. Snow globe is related to an angel in snow fall. Thanks for the review Lauren Haupt.
Godfrey wanyonyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Godfrey wanyonyi »

Your review is too good hope the writer will correct on his grammar as you have said
Suleiman Ismaila
Favorite Book: Tai Solarin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by Suleiman Ismaila »

This book will make alot of good impact to the children,most especially the orphans,it will be good for the children between 7-15years.
Brahmarashimhdew
Currently Reading: War Serenade
Bookshelf Size: 38

Post by Brahmarashimhdew »

This story is a girl whose parents died in a accident, and her name is Anna which is a girl whose Omar is 13 years her parents after the death of his uncle with him is keeping this on Anna's aunt and his cousins, brothers and sister right into suits and all us nervous is that's all this story, of AC Ishii, AC Ishii from the fight, take the EC, said of the 13 years of the children to this book a lot Useful is on I think it we an For hosted a lot of useful :geek2:
Dasdilip
Currently Reading: Journey of a Bedroom Poet
Bookshelf Size: 99

Post by Dasdilip »

This is a fantastic story of a orphan young girl named Anna, Story of thirteen years old girl,how she faced after loosing parents difficulty in her playing age, how she faced at day to day activities at Uncle's home ,at school and also with friend circle .Also how Anna's friend David helped her to overcome her difficulty ,
This is a appreciating story of a orphan girl,How a orphan girl growing up as a orphan,how family is important in developing a young child,how a friend circle is important in development of young children , Author nicely created this Anna to show this important social aspects,Really all of us should read this special books ,
Lastly I want to say Anna's story is a mirror of developing child,which reflect how family affection and friend circle plays a important role in development of young children s mind. Congrats to the Creator of Anna,Mr,Vicki,

Return to “Children's Books”