Official Review: The Singing Stones by C.M. Ryba

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
KitabuKizuri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kitabukizuri.html
Latest Review: Mysteries Of the First Instant by Daniel Friedmann

Re: Official Review: The Singing Stones by C.M. Ryba

Post by KitabuKizuri »

You'd be surprised what knowledge a young person is capable of internalising. It is good for them to be exposed to complex concepts earlier in life if they prove to be brilliant (not all are gifted the same way). Otherwise they might get bored with life and look for vain excitement. It flatters a child when an adult appreciates their capacity to understand and keeps them open and approachable.
Kendra M Parker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 421
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendra-m-parker.html
Latest Review: Requiem, Changing Times by RJ Parker
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Kendra M Parker »

KitabuKitamu wrote: 08 Jun 2018, 06:46 You'd be surprised what knowledge a young person is capable of internalising. It is good for them to be exposed to complex concepts earlier in life if they prove to be brilliant (not all are gifted the same way). Otherwise they might get bored with life and look for vain excitement. It flatters a child when an adult appreciates their capacity to understand and keeps them open and approachable.
I completely agree with you. That’s one of the things I try to encourage with my kids. They all have value and it is wonderful to encourage that wherever their personal brilliance may lie. It’s great that this book also encourages kids to look for the adults that will respect them as intelligent individuals.
Kemunto lucy
Currently Reading: It's Easier to Dance
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kemunto-lucy.html
Latest Review: Korian by Giorgio Garofalo

Post by Kemunto lucy »

The characters are adorable. I'll check this book out sometime. Thanks for the awesome review.
Kendra M Parker
Currently Reading:

Kemunto lucy wrote: 08 Jun 2018, 14:23 The characters are adorable. I'll check this book out sometime. Thanks for the awesome review.
I hope that you enjoy this one as much as I did. If you do read it, let me know what you think!
Eliza001
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Eliza001 »

The review is great. The book sounds very interesting to read.
Kendra M Parker
Currently Reading:

Eliza001 wrote: 12 Jun 2018, 11:33 The review is great. The book sounds very interesting to read.
Thank you. It was a fun book to read and I’m glad I had the opportunity to do so.

Return to “Children's Books”