Review by jobby -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
jobby
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jobby.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Review by jobby -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by jobby » 22 May 2018, 07:41

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base is a kid’s story book written by a mother of three boys. It is a story of a little boy called Toni, an amazing character, describing how he is a superhero by his acts. The author has really tried to send out the message; this is because it can be very hard to write a book for small kids who sometimes cannot even be able to read.

From Toni the Superhero, the reader can be able to relate the story and see themselves in it, and so they will want to read it over and over again. Additionally, the author has been able to show the pictures hand in hand with the story, keeping the wordings short and to the point. Besides, the book is not merely telling a story, as the kid reads, he or she can be able to get a message that can teach a life lesson. For example, Toni likes to help. Toni can be seen helping someone to wash the dishes; every parent would want his or her child to grow up knowing how to lend a helping hand. Finally, the book contains simple wordings and is not complex; kids can be able to follow the short story which is spawning curiosity and learning.

As a mother too, I can be able to help my kids learn to love the world of reading by introducing such a book that will definitely capture their interest more so due to the pictures contained in the story. It can help them in developing in lots of ways. For example, it can spark their imaginations, help their brain development and also stimulate curiosity.

By far, one of the advantages in this book is that it is short. If it was long, the reader would have become bored as there is no flow in the story. Though the authors have been able to hook the reader with the opening lines describing Toni, one cannot be able to tell where the thirty paged book story is set. However, I tend to think the book was set for babies and toddlers though the author has not indicated the audience targeted.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars as the short story is interesting and educative to the babies or toddlers. I therefore would recommend this book to those parents who like reading and storytelling to their babies as the book will promote language, literacy and brain development

Toni the Superhero
View: on Bookshelves

Like jobby's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”