Official Review: Livy Little by Gabriella Gugliotta-Comes

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
revna01
Currently Reading: Storm Front
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revna01.html
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Re: Official Review: Livy Little by Gabriella Gugliotta-Comes

Post by revna01 »

What a cute and innovative idea. I love the little bear (Livy) on the cover and the simple things she loves to count. There is problem-solving, math, vocabulary building...I wish it would have stayed a little more on cue with age appropriateness, but sounds like a great book nonetheless. Thanks for a great review!
Rai-rai
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Rai-rai »

I pretty like the story because it deals with math which basically counting is part of it. It somehow reflects to me sometimes and to others when they missed count on something. ;)
Fuzzy456
Currently Reading: The Spirit of Want
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fuzzy456.html
Latest Review: My Ladybird Story by Magus Tor
Reading Device: B00N9ZVN90

Post by Fuzzy456 »

What a great way to introduce counting to children. Such an important lesson explained in a fun way. Your review was very descriptive and honest. I really appreciated your detailed comments.
stacie k
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stacie-k.html
Latest Review: River Kids by Jennie Linnane

Post by stacie k »

You have some keen observations about the word choice and the illustrations. It does seem to be a fun book to work with children who are learning to count. Thanks for a great review!
“The tongue of the wise makes knowledge acceptable.” Proverbs 15:2a
wendyhwang

Post by wendyhwang »

The story is good because, it is two in one. While the kids are reading, they also learn basic mathematics that can be used in their daily lives. :D
Traci24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-traci24.html
Latest Review: If life stinks get your head outta your buts by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by Traci24 »

Good job on your review. I am always on the lookout for new toddler books for my 2 year old. This book sounds interesting and I like how Livy makes mistakes while counting, after all, nobody is perfect all the time. The fact that Livy counts all kinds of things could also make children take notice to different objects around them. I am definitely going to look this one up.
Riszell
Currently Reading: The Vanished
Bookshelf Size: 1041
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riszell.html
Latest Review: Chancing Hope by Lisa Slater

Post by Riszell »

NL Hartje wrote: 20 May 2018, 10:54
bookowlie wrote: 18 May 2018, 11:02 Her only frustration occurs when she miscounts and has to figure out what she did wrong.
I can't say I'm a children's book aficionado (although I did read my two children through their early reader stage), but I think this is the first counting book I've seen where the character miscounts. I think its a fantastic inclusion! Kids can get so disheartened by their mistakes and I love that counting errors are addressed here. I'm sold!
I thought so too! Besides mistakes are vital part of learning.
Jmeeyyy

Post by Jmeeyyy »

This book is best for children. To love the mathematics and to be inspire in a simple way.
LaurenHaupt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurenhaupt.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by LaurenHaupt »

It has a cute cover. Sounds like a fun book to help kids learn with. Great review!
:techie-studyingbrown:
julessawyer
Currently Reading: The Lost Continent
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julessawyer.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by julessawyer »

How I wish I read something like this when i was young or even in college when i'm trying to pass my math classes. This will surely help me relax and so are children having difficulty counting. Thanks for your review.

Return to “Children's Books”