Review by Kmm_08 -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Kmm_08
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kmm-08.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Review by Kmm_08 -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Kmm_08 » 06 May 2018, 16:09

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book Toni The Superhero by R.D. Base is outstanding. It is written for children between ages two and four years old. The book was very short and only had a few words on each page, which is good for children because they usually have short attention spans.

In the book, Toni can do anything. On one page it says, “Toni likes to read,” while also helping a cat out of a tree. This teaches children that reading and learning is fun and they should also help out people in their community. It also talks about how Toni likes to run and jump. This teaches children how to exercise and that exercising is fun. Another thing the book Toni The Superhero teaches children is to be helpful. The book states that “Toni likes to help [with the dishes]”. It also says he “likes to sweep” and “likes to dust”. Kids learn that doing chores around the house is good and its fun, since Toni does it.

I liked this book because it was very short and quick to read which is perfect for a children's book. A lot of times children do not have the attention span (as previously stated) to sit through a long book. This book is short and to the point which is a huge plus. Another thing I liked is that all of the spelling and grammar was correct. There weren't any typos. Also, the illustrations were amazing! There were so many colors to grab the readers attention. Toni The Superhero will set an amazing example for kids everywhere.

Although I loved this book there is one thing I didn't really enjoy. On some pages the pictures didn't match the text. On one page it said, “Toni likes to jump”. This would be okay but on that page is a picture of a playground. The next page has Toni on it but it looks more like he’s running across the logs, rather than jumping. I think instead of a playground the illustrator could have put Toni on a trampoline or on a pogo stick to really show that Toni was jumping.

Overall I think the book Toni The Superhero was a great book. I would give this book a rating of 4 out of 4 starts. I would give it this rating for the reasons previously stated. I gave it 4 starts instead of three because even though some pictures could have been clearer with the text, it didn't distract for how well-written and child-friendly Toni The Superhero was. Once again I would recommend this book for children ages two to four years old. I don’t think it would appeal to children older than five years old.

Toni the Superhero
View: on Bookshelves

Like Kmm_08's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”