Review by Vivianne Nat -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Vivianne Nat
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 22
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivianne-nat.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Review by Vivianne Nat -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Vivianne Nat » 05 May 2018, 04:57

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Toni the Superhero

We should never lose sight of the kid inside us. It sounded cliché but it has always been true. Who knew I would appreciate this book so much? I was exposed to reading at such an early age because my parents loved buying books like this. And, I would reread every single book every time I feel like doing so.

I chose to do a book review for this one because it was a breath of fresh air from all the wordy books I had read lately. Though this is a children’s book, I had a wonderful time exploring its pages. It actually made me feel like a little kid again.

Toni the Superhero by R. D. Base is a book for children. It's about a boy named Toni, who is also a superhero. You must have all been wondering if saving the world is all that he does. But, in here you will find that Toni delights in doing the simple chores of life. He reads, draws, plays with other kids, and helps in every little way he can. Join Toni in his simple adventures.

I liked the idea of using a superhero as the main character for a children’s book. We all know that it’s the dream of every little kid to be one. And knowing that this superhero is just an ordinary kid as well, brings out the comfort that there is also beauty in being a regular kid. Aside from that, it gives emphasis to the idea that even a superhero does chores, too.

I would also like to give credit to the illustrator because it exudes so much color inside its pages. Vibrant colors are very effective in drawing kids' attention because we know that their attention span could be a problem at times. By providing images, it enables them to discover what else is out there. It gives readers the time to explore and think instead of just reading the texts which oftentimes become boring.

I give this a score of 4 out of 4 rating because it deserves it. Obviously, there were no errors to correct. Just the very thought that this book was meant to encourage the reader inside every child is just magical. It is simple, not verbose which is very apt for those who are learning to read. Just like what was stated in the synopsis, this book has no complexities. Every young learner will learn from it and enjoy this book as much as I did.

This book is filled with so much fun and color. I recommend this book to young readers. I urge all parents out there to expose your kids to this kind of books. If you want your kids to be more engaged in reading, this is a great choice for your young ones. Since this is part of a collection of stories, you can also teach them to collect books by completing the series. For adult readers, this is also a wonderful book to break the monotony from your typical reading list. Take the time to read this and you’ll find yourself smiling by the end of the book.

Toni the Superhero
View: on Bookshelves

Like Vivianne Nat's review? Post a comment saying so!
:techie-studyingbrown:

“I don't think all writers are sad, she said. I think it's the other way around- all sad people write.” - Langleav

FictionLover
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 56
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fictionlover.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by FictionLover » 01 Jul 2018, 19:01

We all know that it’s the dream of every little kid to be one. And knowing that this superhero is just an ordinary kid as well, brings out the comfort that there is also beauty in being a regular kid. Aside from that, it gives emphasis to the idea that even a superhero does chores, too.

I agree, there is super-ness in doing your chores!

I thought this was a great little read for a young reader. Thanks for your review.
:angelic-blueglow:
"I love reading another reader’s list of favorites. Even when I find I do not share their tastes or predilections, I am provoked to compare, contrast, and contradict. It is a most healthy exercise, and one altogether fruitful." T.S. Eliot

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”