Review by CharlotteLucas -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
CharlotteLucas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlottelucas.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Review by CharlotteLucas -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by CharlotteLucas » 04 May 2018, 08:16

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Toni The Superhero by R.D. Base

After reading Toni The Superhero written by R.D. Base I decided to rate this children’s book 4 out of 4 stars because of I think it’s repetitive phrasing and vocab is suitable for the authors audience (0-4 years). The book is the perfect length to keep the child engaged and interested not to mention the beautiful, bright illustrations of the book allowing for more discussion and more vocabulary to be learned.

This book follows the life of a young boy that is a ‘superhero’ and it focuses on the daily tasks he enjoys undertaking. I think it’s a positive book that parents could read to their young children as it focuses on positive activities that he enjoys doing rather than negative ones. I think the repetitive phrase of ‘Toni likes to…’ would help to instil a sense of confidence as the child develops their reading skills by practising the same words but at the same time learning new words at each flick of a page.

It’s a very simple book to read with one sentence on each page or sometimes one sentence for two pages, this is also good as it ensures the child wouldn’t get too overwhelmed with copious amounts of words and gives them a chance to look at the beautiful illustrations in the book which match up with the sentence given, helping with the young child’s understanding of the sentence. The book seems very organised and has excellent grammar and punctuation throughout

A lot of young children are visual learners, they are curious and like to see what is going on around them, therefore I think this book is excellent as the visuals are amazing. Illustrations are done by Debbie Hefke, it’s also notable to mention that ‘Toni the superman’ is coloured. It’s sad to write that not many protagonists in books are coloured and this helps to send a positive message to young innocent children about the importance of racial equality.

Overall, I think this book is suitable for that authors target audience and I would recommend it to parents that would read the book to their children in the hope to develop both their children’s vocabulary and interest in reading. This book is professionally written with children in mind and it is deserving of 4 stars. I hope this book is successful for the author!

Toni the Superhero
View: on Bookshelves

Like CharlotteLucas's review? Post a comment saying so!

Bookmermaid
2018 Reading Goal: 24
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 175
Currently Reading: Will on the Hill
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookmermaid.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Bookmermaid » 26 Jun 2018, 13:45

A commendable review, as it is no easy task to write a review on a book of few sentences.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”